Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vasectomy question...

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 12:50 AM
  • 20 Replies

My Husband and I are expecting baby number 6 in august. My husband decided to get a vasectomy because its cheaper, easier and safer than me gettin my tubes tied.Anyway, Has your SO had one done? if so, how did he feel after, and during. He's kinda scared so i figured i'd get some feedback for him. thanks ladies.

by on May. 7, 2015 at 12:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zdtmok
by on May. 7, 2015 at 1:08 AM
1 mom liked this
My husband had one done last year. He was a little sore the day of, and by the day after, totally fine again. He was tested two months later and declared sterile. And I am now about five weeks with our 8th.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
csh.1310
by on May. 7, 2015 at 1:09 AM

BUMP!

Calm-mama22
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 1:14 AM
No clue but here's a BUMP for you best wishes :)
Hottmomma607
by Trica on May. 7, 2015 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this
My husband had one 13yrs. ago,best thing ever. He was sore few days but that was it.

Quoting Jayzwife:

My Husband and I are expecting baby number 6 in august. My husband decided to get a vasectomy because its cheaper, easier and safer than me gettin my tubes tied.Anyway, Has your SO had one done? if so, how did he feel after, and during. He's kinda scared so i figured i'd get some feedback for him. thanks ladies.

jconney80
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 1:35 AM
My ex had it done and it didn't hurt much longer than a couple of days
Jayzwife
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 1:55 AM

what???

Quoting zdtmok: My husband had one done last year. He was a little sore the day of, and by the day after, totally fine again. He was tested two months later and declared sterile. And I am now about five weeks with our 8th.

Mater-three
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 2:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Dh was fine and if you knew him, you'd understand why that statement is important. The man is the biggest crybaby ever over stuff like this. He gets a cold and you'd think it was Scarlett fever. He's half dead fora week. He went back to work 2 days after he had it done. He says keep a bag of frozen peas handy bc they help with the pain and swelling that you get. The peas tend to umm envelope things better than just ice. I threw the peas away lol when he was done with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mater-three
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 2:12 AM
Lol. It happens. My dh had it done 12 yrs ago. We haven't had any issues. Our situation is more common than hers. Bless her heart.

Quoting Jayzwife:

what???

Quoting zdtmok: My husband had one done last year. He was a little sore the day of, and by the day after, totally fine again. He was tested two months later and declared sterile. And I am now about five weeks with our 8th.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zdtmok
by on May. 7, 2015 at 11:51 AM
It does happen, they can fail.

Quoting Jayzwife:

what???

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poietes
by Laura on May. 7, 2015 at 11:53 AM
Yes, 4 years ago, no problems. He went in on his lunch break, took a long lunch and went back to work. Was fine the next day and never complained about it at all.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)