Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help please !!!

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 10:31 PM
  • 4 Replies
I live in Orlando Fl , on Orange county , mother of a 10 years old special need daughter. Her condition is mild intellectual disability & speech . I can't find the right school for her . She is in Public school on a self contained class ,ESE program but until now the classes she has been is with children with severe condition making delays on her development , but she can not be either on a regular class , because she will be left behind. So, she is like in the middle . I'm willing to move any area where to find the perfect environment for her and where she will be happy . or maybe switch for private school if it will be necessary . If somebody living in the Orlando area or any near area that can help me with ideas or information will be super appreciated .Thank you
by on May. 7, 2015 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:29 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on May. 7, 2015 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to CafeMom,

Have you checked all the elementary schools around you?
They all may be different .. it's a big school district
Also I believe you could check out Park Maitland which is a private school
Hopefully others can help :)

Quoting sonnya: I live in Orlando Fl , on Orange county , mother of a 10 years old special need daughter. Her condition is mild intellectual disability & speech . I can't find the right school for her . She is in Public school on a self contained class ,ESE program but until now the classes she has been is with children with severe condition making delays on her development , but she can not be either on a regular class , because she will be left behind. So, she is like in the middle . I'm willing to move any area where to find the perfect environment for her and where she will be happy . or maybe switch for private school if it will be necessary . If somebody living in the Orlando area or any near area that can help me with ideas or information will be super appreciated .Thank you

Hottmomma607
by Trica on May. 8, 2015 at 1:09 PM
I am not familiar with that area. Good luck, hun.
Try the state, seed they can put you in the right direction?
sonnya
by New Member on May. 8, 2015 at 11:59 PM

Thank you anyways =)

theResidentCat
by on May. 9, 2015 at 10:02 AM

Have you thought about half home schooling and public?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)