Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a little overwhelmed

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 1:21 PM
  • 2 Replies

so i know there are people with bigger problems than me, but i'm feeling a little overwhelmed today and kind of wondering if i'm trying to take too many things on at once. about a year and a half ago my husband got out of the military (honorably discharged). We came back to our home state. He was struggling with some PTSD and his mom was not helping, so I decided that it would be best for us to rent from my parents. The rental house is a single-wide trailer, and is right up the drive-way from my mom and dad. He's finally got a job, but i'm still paying for most of the bills. He takes care of his truck and personal credit card payments. His PTSD is doing better, and he has more good days than bad, so we decided to start trying to have kids. I stopped my birth control in january, and have been trying to just let my cycles even out. Now i'm starting to track my temperature and OPKs. I've also got 2 more classes for my bachelors degree, and have started trying to figure out how much of a deposit i need for buying a house, as well as start saving money now for renovations because i'm planning on a fixer house. This month i start paying back my student loans from my associates, and last month i bought a new car (had to because my old car pretty much fell apart.). just feel so overwhelmed. The family steps i've wanted for so long, and my husband is finally agreeing and he's not letting his mom get in the way (he doesn't even want to tell her until i'm starting to show because he knows she'll only have negative things to say. I wouldn't put it past her to try to convince me to get an abortion if she finds out sooner). I'm so thankful for everything my parents have done, they've even been updating the rental with things we like, so i feel a little guilty house hunting, even though my mom knows i don't want to stay here forever, just until i can get him past his PTSD and get us really on our feet. She's even offered to babysit when i'm working (i work nights) or if my husband has to go on a call (he's a volunteer first responder on top of his normal job). sorry for the rant!

by on May. 17, 2015 at 1:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
momofboys88
by on May. 17, 2015 at 1:26 PM
That is a lot and you have every right to feel overwhelmed. Try to take a little time to yourself each day. Even a short walk will help. It will help with TTC too. You sound like you've got a good plan going, keep at it and things will either fall in place or show they need to wait. You've got this!
kit279
by Member on May. 17, 2015 at 2:46 PM
Thank you. I'm trying to, but its hard working 12hr night shifts. And I just found out that the hospital I work for is starting to lay off rns and LNAs. Thankfully I'm one of the few rns that WANTS to work nights, but I am trained to work days if need be. (oh, and if one more person tells me that I'm going to be a horrible mom because I want to try to stay working nights because nights is an extra $3 an hr I'm gonna loose it!). Ug. Too much. Lol. Thankfully my dh is actually doing outside work which means I can focus on scrubbing inside the house today
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)