Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

worried

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 7:45 PM
  • 6 Replies
Hello,
My name is honey80 and I'm new to cafemom. I have 4 children and got my tubes tied 5 years ago.
I'm a few days late on my period which is very unusual since my period is like clock work.
I took 2 cheap pregnancy tests. One I had to throw away since it didn't show any lines, and the other came back negative
Is it too early or an indication something I'd wrong with me? Help!
by on May. 17, 2015 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
honey80
by Member on May. 17, 2015 at 7:46 PM
Bump
cryssor
by New Member on May. 17, 2015 at 7:47 PM
I'd give it some time before worrying yourself. Periods can change for many reasons (stress, hormones, sleep, diet).
honey80
by Member on May. 17, 2015 at 7:48 PM
Thanks

Quoting cryssor: I'd give it some time before worrying yourself. Periods can change for many reasons (stress, hormones, sleep, diet).
jconney80
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2015 at 8:38 PM
Hi welcome to the group! Have you been stressed out? That can cause you to be late.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for you, join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:26 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on May. 18, 2015 at 12:06 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
Keep testiong & let us know .. nice to meet you :)

Quoting honey80: Hello, My name is honey80 and I'm new to cafemom. I have 4 children and got my tubes tied 5 years ago. I'm a few days late on my period which is very unusual since my period is like clock work. I took 2 cheap pregnancy tests. One I had to throw away since it didn't show any lines, and the other came back negative Is it too early or an indication something I'd wrong with me? Help!

KitKatt27
by Member on May. 18, 2015 at 9:08 AM

It's probably too early for the tests. Especially if you got one that didn't even give a reading at all. I know it's super stressful to wait, but the only thing you can really do is wait at least a week and try again. A doctor usually won't even order blood work to check for the pregnancy hormone until you're about 4 weeks overdue anyways. As long as you aren't in any pain, you are best just trying to relax and wait it out at least a week.

Have you changed your lifestyle at all in the last few weeks/months? Became more active? Changed your diet? Added any additional stressful times to your life, even if they were short lived? All of these things can effect your period. It can also change just from getting older as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)