Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

needing some insight !!! dont know what to do!!!

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:54 AM
  • 6 Replies

has anyone had issues with anger issues in their children after being on focal in? my son Jacob is 7 and has been diagnosed with adhd with impulsivity he started taking it 5mg three times a day in march he was doing good until recently he has been lashing out.. he snapped he was kicking him repeatedly in the side his little brother who is 4 yesterday for cheating in a game winch is what Colby(4yrold) said but when i asked Jacob about he said he didn't know why he was doing i...t and even after we punished him and explained to him what he could have done to his brother he seemed un fazed by it like almost un emotional or even sorry for doing it i don't know what to do. i don't want him to hurt his little brothers but at the same time i don't want to make him feel like he is unloved or anything . i don't know if im explaining well enough I've never been through this before any info or insight would be great.. it almost seemed like he couldn't stop himself during it.we had to actually pull him away from Colby and drag him inside .. sorry for the long post and the rambling i am just so upset by it and don't know what to think or do about it. and i repeat he has never acted like this before ..

by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:57 AM
Unfortuantely with ADD/ADHD meds, it can awhile to find the correct dosage and med that will work. Talk to the doctor ASAP.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kimber2465
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:03 AM

he is taking adhd meds three times a day? i know it takes time to find the right med/and dosage. my grandson takes just one a day.

noey31308
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:13 AM

Quoting kimber2465:

he is taking adhd meds three times a day? i know it takes time to find the right med/and dosage. my grandson takes just one a day.

he used to take vyvanse onces a day and it didnt work they then changer to focalin 5mg which weres off naturally so he takes it in at 7:30am 11:30am and the at 4:30 pm it was working great until now .. it still works in the ways that it should its just now recently that he started acting this way even before the medication he never did anythig like this 

kimber2465
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:21 AM
Quoting noey31308:

Quoting kimber2465:

he used to take vyvanse onces a day and it didnt work they then changer toc 5mg which weres off naturally so he takes it in at 7:30am 11:30am and the at 4:30 pm it was working great until now .. it still works in the ways that it should its just now recently that he started acting this way even before the medication he never did anythig like this 

i would call his doctor. one of the side effects of focalin is aggressive behaviors

Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:45 AM
My sister had adhd and I remember them trying to find the right medications for her (she's 7 years younger than me) and it was awful. Some of the medications made her angry, some made her very emotional and she would cry all day, others turned her into a zombie where she would just sit there and stare, others made her hallucinate....

I would take him in immediately and tell them the problem and have them switch it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
noey31308
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:00 PM

the thing that bothers me the most is he showed no remorse for hurting his brother

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)