Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pet owners, what are your thoughts about this

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:17 PM
  • 137 Replies
1 mom liked this

A friend told me a friend of hers who had to have her cat put down was offered a free cast of the cat's pawprint, and she accepted it.

It makes me terribly sad to think of having a furry friend put down. I'm not sure how I feel about having a cast of the paw, though.  Although I do have my cat's ashes in a little box  on my desk. :(

Would you get a paw print if it were offered?

by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomUSMC2
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I absolutely adore my Cupcake (Pitbull rescue) and when her time comes, I don't know what I'd do. I don't think it'd be a bad idea to have her pawprint <3

horcruxnumber8
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:32 PM
5 moms liked this
Dh always jokes about having his cat stuffed. Now that he's getting older I worry that he actually will stuff him. I'd rather do the paw print!
Molly1985
by New Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this
No I don't think its weird at all. I had my pups paw "cast" after he had to be put to sleep (many medical complications). It's just his paw print pressed in clay. They offered and I accepted...figured I can never go back and have it done again. It's tucked in his Rainbow Bridge bag with his box of ashes, I'm not sure what I'll do with it yet.
casah4
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:34 PM
1 mom liked this

When my kitten died a few years ago, I took her to the vet and paid for her cremation. About a week later, I got a package in the mail. It was her paw print in clay with her name stamped in it. It was very sweet. I don't display it, but I appreciate the gesture.

Chris030406
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this
My horse passed away in Jan. I have a bag of his hair. I'm planning on sending it off to have it woven into a bracelet.

Not weird to me.
WillowTreesMom
by Kay on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes I would take it if it was offered.
funmommy123
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, I would take it.
annieb863
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Absolutely. After my childhood cat died (she was 16 and I had her since she was a kitten) and we buried her I wished that I had her paw print. I would have gotten it as a small tattoo.
armywifey1983
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I absolutely would. :) Our dog is a member of the family, and we'd both love to have a memento of her after she goes (which I hope isn't for a long time).

toopicky429
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, and I have. I have one from our dog who passed away in November in a frame with a photo of her. I thought it was very kind of our vet's office to offer.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)