Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have You Ever Been On A Train?

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 4:16 PM
  • 78 Replies
It's on my bucket list.
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 4:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KyliesMom5
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 4:19 PM
Yep. It's been a long time but I've been on a train many times.
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Aug. 8, 2015 at 4:22 PM
Where she you go?

Quoting KyliesMom5: Yep. It's been a long time but I've been on a train many times.
jennyfrmthblock
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 4:25 PM
Yes, to New Orleans from Ms. And from Philly to NYC. I liked it much more than the subway!
PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 4:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, I commuted on one briefly when I got a job in DC and stayed with my dad for a couple of weeks until I found my own place.  I'd drive to the train station in Maryland and then transfer to the Metro once I got into Union Station.  After a few days of that craziness, I just drove to the nearest metro station in Maryland and caught the orange line right and rode it all the way to my stop.  It was a bit faster that way.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Aug. 8, 2015 at 4:31 PM
Oh cool do you have family in New Orleans? I literally just went to New Orleans and Ms. last week. My husband is from New Orleans. We drove over to Mississippi for a reunion.

Quoting jennyfrmthblock: Yes, to New Orleans from Ms. And from Philly to NYC. I liked it much more than the subway!
Jamie1972
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Riding the train was part of my childhood. My dad was a conductor and if I said I was his dd I got to ride for free 😄. My mom worked on and off in downtown Chicago and I would sometimes go to work with her . Or we ride it to visit relatives in Joliet or just to go and hang out in Chicago. Always loved riding on the train.
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Aug. 8, 2015 at 4:36 PM
That's what my hubby's aunt does. She lives in Maryland, works in DC.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Yeah, I commuted on one briefly when I got a job in DC and stayed with my dad for a couple of weeks until I found my own place.  I'd drive to the train station in Maryland and then transfer to the Metro once I got into Union Station.  After a few days of that craziness, I just drove to the nearest metro station in Maryland and caught the orange line right and rode it all the way to my stop.  It was a bit faster that way.

KyliesMom5
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 4:36 PM
I went to Georgia and Washington DC.

Quoting Hottmomma607: Where she you go?

Quoting KyliesMom5: Yep. It's been a long time but I've been on a train many times.
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Aug. 8, 2015 at 4:37 PM
Oh wow! Very cool!

Quoting Jamie1972: Riding the train was part of my childhood. My dad was a conductor and if I said I was his dd I got to ride for free 😄. My mom worked on and off in downtown Chicago and I would sometimes go to work with her . Or we ride it to visit relatives in Joliet or just to go and hang out in Chicago. Always loved riding on the train.
jennyfrmthblock
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 4:39 PM
I'm grew up in a little town north of Jackson Ms. and my husband is from Louisiana :) We don't have family in Nola anymore, but I used to. We actually both lived and met in Baton Rouge, but we went to New Orleans quite a bit for weekend trips before we had kids. We're living in Florida now but Ms. will always feel like home.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)