Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's Raining Men! Do You Have an Amazing Man in Your Life?

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 8:53 AM
  • 76 Replies
3 moms liked this

It is picture post time again ladies.

I was reading an interesting article this morning about some pretty amazing men.
We have some really great women here on CafeMom and it leads me to believe that these awesome women  probably have some truly wonderful men in their lives. I decided to dedicate a picture post to the amazing men in our lives.

These men can be your husband, fiance, signficant other, father, brother, cousin, friend, son, minister....any man in your life you consider amazing!

Show us your men and tell us why they are so amazing!

I'll start. This is my grandfather. He was the hardest working yet loving man I have ever known. He was funny and so very smart, but most of all, he loved his grandchildren with his entire being.

by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lapcounter
by Super Mom on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:01 AM

My husband works very hard to make our company a success, he supoorts me in my dreams and business and is a great father to our two girl's. He is helping our youngest with her race car that she will race next year, he takes the oldest to dinner and movies because the outdoors is not her thing. He listens and is carrying and very loving. Our girl's and myself couldn't ask for anyone better. Been together 11 years today :)

Cafe MichelleP
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this

That is awesome. I love how he does things with the girls that fit their individual likes, all while owning your own business and supporting you in your endeavors. He really does sound like an amazing man.

Quoting lapcounter:

My husband works very hard to make our company a success, he supoorts me in my dreams and business and is a great father to our two girl's. He is helping our youngest with her race car that she will race next year, he takes the oldest to dinner and movies because the outdoors is not her thing. He listens and is carrying and very loving. Our girl's and myself couldn't ask for anyone better. Been together 11 years today :)

LOVELYLEO2SIX
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:09 AM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

These two men here shaped me into who I am today. The man in the brown shirt is my daddy, who died almost 14 years ago of a massive heart attack at the age of 62. He was an awesome father and husband; just a great man to every one he met. He was very handsome, intelligent, and funny. I miss him so much. Unfortunately, I never found a man just like him to marry. 😞 The man in the white shirt was my maternal grandpa! He was awesome! He was so wise and loved all of his grandkids with all his heart. You wouldn't see him without seeing one of his grandkids. He was quite the jokester and had us laughing, always. My grandma adored him until the day he died over 40 years ago. I had some awesome men in my life and I'll treasure those memories, always!
steelermom7
by New Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:18 AM
2 moms liked this

This is my husband.I've had some health problems and this year being the worst.He has cared for our 4 kids,our home, and worked a fulltime job.He has also cared for me.He is my heart.My everything.

Cafe MichelleP
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this

These pictures are so great. Your father has an infectious smile. I bet he never met a stranger. There is just something about his smile that is so welcoming.

Your grandfather eyes are so soulful. You were blessed to have such amazing men in your life.

Quoting LOVELYLEO2SIX:

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

These two men here shaped me into who I am today. The man in the brown shirt is my daddy, who died almost 14 years ago of a massive heart attack at the age of 62. He was an awesome father and husband; just a great man to every one he met. He was very handsome, intelligent, and funny. I miss him so much. Unfortunately, I never found a man just like him to marry. 😞 The man in the white shirt was my maternal grandpa! He was awesome! He was so wise and loved all of his grandkids with all his heart. You wouldn't see him without seeing one of his grandkids. He was quite the jokester and had us laughing, always. My grandma adored him until the day he died over 40 years ago. I had some awesome men in my life and I'll treasure those memories, always!

Cafe MichelleP
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this

What a wonderful man.

I hope your health starts to improve.

Quoting steelermom7:

This is my husband.I've had some health problems and this year being the worst.He has cared for our 4 kids,our home, and worked a fulltime job.He has also cared for me.He is my heart.My everything.

LOVELYLEO2SIX
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:21 AM
Yes, you are correct on both accounts! They were so awesome! I'm tearing up right now! 😍

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

These pictures are so great. Your father has an infectious smile. I bet he never met a stranger. There is just something about his smile that is so welcoming.

Your grandfather eyes are so soulful. You were blessed to have such amazing men in your life.

Quoting LOVELYLEO2SIX:

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Goobergal
by Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I have been blessed.  I don't have pics on my laptop.  LOL... But I will share.  First there was my father.  He was strict and growing up, oh man, it was so hard for me.  But he was a GOOD man.  I learned how to be a loving parent because of him and my mom.  Losing him brought a greater understanding to my life about what kind of person I wanted to be.

My ex husband, taking care of him, making excuses for him, being a loyal wife and friend to him taught me a great deal.  He was NOT a good man.  He was messed up, he was selfish, naricssitic and abusive to the kids.  He taught me to walk a balance in life of allowng someone to parent yet still drawing a line on how far to let things go.  Some things I learned were not positive things, like learning to work people and around people to get things my child needs, but it is a life lesson I needed to learn.

My brother.  He stepped in for my kids when I was in a vulnerable place.  Having been abused and later terrorized by my ex, the kids as well, he was there to let them have a voice, distract them and give them an amazing first xmas after the fact.  And he came thru when I needed money for a custody case.  I will die remember how we were saved.

Finally my sweetie.  I don't know we are forever.  I cant know those things ever again.  But I know dark times, he was there.  Believing in what I could do, appreciating me as a woman, loving me and showing my worth.  He IS the true good man.  A pushover at times with his own kid.  An asshole at times with me, making sure I don't railroad him.  LOL... direct, honest but always, good at his core.  I don't need a saint.  But I need someone that appreciates the value of family and goodness.

Proud mommy to 3 and goober's butterfly 

Cafe MichelleP
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I am so glad you shared with us!

Quoting LOVELYLEO2SIX: Yes, you are correct on both accounts! They were so awesome! I'm tearing up right now! 😍
Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Quoting LOVELYLEO2SIX:

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Cafe MichelleP
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

My father was strict on me growing up too. I am the oldest so I had the most responsibility and the most boundaries, but I wouldn't change it for the world either. It helped to mould me into the person I am now.

I am so glad you found someone who appreciates you and understands your worth. That in itself is a great gift.

Your brother sounds really amazing as well.

Quoting Goobergal:

I have been blessed.  I don't have pics on my laptop.  LOL... But I will share.  First there was my father.  He was strict and growing up, oh man, it was so hard for me.  But he was a GOOD man.  I learned how to be a loving parent because of him and my mom.  Losing him brought a greater understanding to my life about what kind of person I wanted to be.

My ex husband, taking care of him, making excuses for him, being a loyal wife and friend to him taught me a great deal.  He was NOT a good man.  He was messed up, he was selfish, naricssitic and abusive to the kids.  He taught me to walk a balance in life of allowng someone to parent yet still drawing a line on how far to let things go.  Some things I learned were not positive things, like learning to work people and around people to get things my child needs, but it is a life lesson I needed to learn.

My brother.  He stepped in for my kids when I was in a vulnerable place.  Having been abused and later terrorized by my ex, the kids as well, he was there to let them have a voice, distract them and give them an amazing first xmas after the fact.  And he came thru when I needed money for a custody case.  I will die remember how we were saved.

Finally my sweetie.  I don't know we are forever.  I cant know those things ever again.  But I know dark times, he was there.  Believing in what I could do, appreciating me as a woman, loving me and showing my worth.  He IS the true good man.  A pushover at times with his own kid.  An asshole at times with me, making sure I don't railroad him.  LOL... direct, honest but always, good at his core.  I don't need a saint.  But I need someone that appreciates the value of family and goodness.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)