Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

'Tis the season: Hay rides, haunted houses and pumpkin picking!

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:11 AM
  • 77 Replies

It's the season for all things fall.... Hay rides, haunted houses, corn mazes, pumpkin picking & jack-o-lantern making! What is your favorite fall activity?

My kids and I always enjoyed going to the pick-your-own pumpkin farm when they were little. We could pick whatever pumpkins we wanted right from the field and straight off the vine. Now that they're older, my adult kids love going to haunted houses. My younger son and I won't do that though, we hate being scared. So we'll stay home and watch tame Halloween movies like Hocus Pocus and Bewitched. We all do have fun at the corn maze though and we all love driving up into the mountains to see the changing leaves and hear the elk calls.

by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
YoungMama93
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:12 AM

Hard to say... Between going to the pumpkin patch and doing their corn maze, finding a pumpkin (which is boiled down for pie), and playing in fall leaves... I don't know if I can pick just one!

MamaJ123
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:15 AM
I love haunted houses! And jack-o-lantern carving. Oh and corn mazes
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:30 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:21 AM

Enjoy them all :)

Quoting YoungMama93:

Hard to say... Between going to the pumpkin patch and doing their corn maze, finding a pumpkin (which is boiled down for pie), and playing in fall leaves... I don't know if I can pick just one!

hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:21 AM

Do you have some haunted houses near you?

Quoting MamaJ123: I love haunted houses! And jack-o-lantern carving. Oh and corn mazes

Goobergal
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:23 AM

sitting here reading about budgetary policy isn't my idea of fun.  But thinking back to when my kids were little, I love hay rides, corn mazes and pumpkin picking.  I especially loved the slow cooker wassail I made for Halloween night.  I'm a city girl so this stuff was foreign to me.  I got to live suburbia thru my kids

Kitty_Myrick
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:23 AM

I don't do much because there isn't really anything to do.  We never when to the pumpkin patches because the pumpkins were so much more expensive then they are at the store.

This year I don't know.  My husband might come up with something.  I have a feeling that he wanted to so something this weekend but somewhere I have cough a stumic bug so running around doesn't sound like a good idea. 

Digging the tempters

cat

MamaJ123
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Well it's a haunted hotel but yea.

Quoting hugss:

Quoting MamaJ123: I love haunted houses! And jack-o-lantern carving. Oh and corn mazes

hugss

by Sapphire Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Bet that was fun though :)

Quoting Goobergal:

sitting here reading about budgetary policy isn't my idea of fun.  But thinking back to when my kids were little, I love hay rides, corn mazes and pumpkin picking.  I especially loved the slow cooker wassail I made for Halloween night.  I'm a city girl so this stuff was foreign to me.  I got to live suburbia thru my kids

hugss

by Sapphire Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:29 AM

Aww feel better :)

Quoting Kitty_Myrick:

I don't do much because there isn't really anything to do.  We never when to the pumpkin patches because the pumpkins were so much more expensive then they are at the store.

This year I don't know.  My husband might come up with something.  I have a feeling that he wanted to so something this weekend but somewhere I have cough a stumic bug so running around doesn't sound like a good idea. 

Digging the tempters

cat

hugss

by Sapphire Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:30 AM

Well that sounds even better ;)

Quoting MamaJ123: Well it's a haunted hotel but yea.
Quoting hugss:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)