Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Affection between father and son

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:28 PM
  • 45 Replies
Hello everyone. My question. I am divorced and am curious about you all think about that. My ex husband every time he says goodbye to our son, 9 years old, they kiss on the lips and hugs and i love you and more kisses on lips. I can get it a hug and i love you but too many times and the kisses on the lips makes me feel like they are about to make out like a couple. I kiss my husband on the lips like that but they are both males and it looks weird to me. My son is not a baby anymore. Is just me?
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Charity83
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this
It's you.
theboyfactory
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:34 PM
2 moms liked this
It's sad that you see an issue with it.
VivaciousFaith
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:42 PM
That's just you.
jennyfrmthblock
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:43 PM
I think it's you, that will stop before you know it, you both should enjoy it while you can.
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this
My sons are grown they kiss me and their dad on the lips. It's not weird if you were brought up doing it. There is nothing sexual going on. It's purely a sign of affection.
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Oct. 8, 2015 at 7:06 PM
It's you. How often does he see his son?
Parent paranoid, let him be.

Quoting deboreti: Hello everyone. My question. I am divorced and am curious about you all think about that. My ex husband every time he says goodbye to our son, 9 years old, they kiss on the lips and hugs and i love you and more kisses on lips. I can get it a hug and i love you but too many times and the kisses on the lips makes me feel like they are about to make out like a couple. I kiss my husband on the lips like that but they are both males and it looks weird to me. My son is not a baby anymore. Is just me?
jazzymin
by New Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 7:39 PM

um no...he is 9...mega creepyness. thats just...no.....if kids from his school saw can you imagine what they would say? kissing on the forhead cheek is fine at that age but lips nah..just nah.

deboreti
by New Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:14 PM
Yes. I dont know what is right. I know some moms would not allow this.
Mystic_Magic
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:48 PM
3 moms liked this
That's you. It's sad that you are trying to turn something sweet into something disgusting. My siblings and I are adults, we kiss our parents on the lips still, always have.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DulcisDomus
by Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 12:47 PM

It's you. Imagine if he said something like this, if you kissed your daughter on the lips, or even your son.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)