Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Anyone know Walmart's Return Policy?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2008 at 11:55 PM
  • 32 Replies
I have a breast pump that I got at one of my showers, it was actually purchased at Target but they wouldn't take it back since it was more than 90 days (even though I HAD the receipt and the package had never been opened- I even tried crying- nothing worked).....  so anyway, I'm pretty sure Walmart sells the same pump so I was thinking of trying to return it there. I think it's like a $40 pump, and I would be fine with store credit- but would they take it back? I'm hoping they have a more leinient return policy than Target...... anyone know?
by on Jan. 14, 2008 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
urban_lover
by on Jan. 14, 2008 at 11:57 PM
wal-mart will not take a breastpump back no matter if you have the receipt or not.. even if it's not opened.  That's what thye told my hubby when he bought mine. 
Mikala2659
by on Jan. 14, 2008 at 11:58 PM
I'm pretty sure they would give store credit.  

Mikala, Group Owner for Moms of Special Needs Children in NE
http://www.cafemom.com/group/nespecialneeds 
Co-Owner for Children with Special Needs Around the World
http://www.cafemom.com/group/27184
Co-Owner for Understanding & Living with Cerebral Palsy Day to Day
http://www.cafemom.com/group/27177

sweetfairy_27
by on Jan. 14, 2008 at 11:59 PM
The one here would if they carry it and you don't tell them its not from their store. The problem is you couldn't use the receipt so i think you would get a gift card.
beckylouwho
They told me that they won't return breast pumps either but you can always try! I know some stores are more lenient than others!
sweetfairy_27

Quoting urban_lover:

wal-mart will not take a breastpump back no matter if you have the receipt or not.. even if it's not opened.  That's what thye told my hubby when he bought mine. 
I returned mine for another because it was broke and they did for me.
missthang42001
Walmart will not take it back because they will be able to tell it is not their item when they scan it on the register.  That is what happened to me when I went to return baby shower gifts with no receipt.  By the way I used to be a manager at Walmart way back in the day and their return policy has gotten much stricter.
urban_lover
by on Jan. 15, 2008 at 12:01 AM

Quoting sweetfairy_27:

Quoting urban_lover:

I returned mine for another because it was broke and they did for me.

broke they would but otherwise they will not. 
loveingmybabies
by on Jan. 15, 2008 at 12:07 AM
Having worked there for nearly 8yrs, I might be of little help. I havent worked there for almost 2 yrs now and Ive heard the return policy is alot harder. But you never know. Make sure the package is not opened, or your out of luck -health reasons. Before you go up there for nothing,call and ask to speak to the return desk,Customer Service Desk. Tell them it was a gift not needed ( you already have one you use), ask if they will look up the UPC number, give you a price and what there return policy is without a reciept,again make sure to tell them it is not open. Sadly enough, if the UPC does not show up in the system they wont do anything for you. You can also ask to speak to a Manager or have them give info from the company the pump is from. They sometimes can do something for you through the mail.
    Try calling the Return Desk at Target in a few days,maybe they will forget you went up there already. Tell them the same thing, unneeded gift no ricept. Also speak to a Manager if needed. Sometimes it helps to let the people know you will gladly accept stor credit. If they accept the return, maybe your husband or someone in the family can make the return for you so that there is no problem should they remember you.   Sorry this long and I hope this is helpful to you.   If anything there may be some second hand resale stores that may buy it from you for less,if not opened.                 Good Luck!
momof2girls129
by on Jan. 15, 2008 at 12:08 AM
I use to work at a walmart and they let someone return a candle holder they didnt even carry so what does that tell ya. They will pretty much take anything back...just say it was a gift.
Violetblue
by on Jan. 15, 2008 at 1:56 AM

Quoting loveingmybabies:

Having worked there for nearly 8yrs, I might be of little help. I havent worked there for almost 2 yrs now and Ive heard the return policy is alot harder. But you never know. Make sure the package is not opened, or your out of luck -health reasons. Before you go up there for nothing,call and ask to speak to the return desk,Customer Service Desk. Tell them it was a gift not needed ( you already have one you use), ask if they will look up the UPC number, give you a price and what there return policy is without a reciept,again make sure to tell them it is not open. Sadly enough, if the UPC does not show up in the system they wont do anything for you. You can also ask to speak to a Manager or have them give info from the company the pump is from. They sometimes can do something for you through the mail.
    Try calling the Return Desk at Target in a few days,maybe they will forget you went up there already. Tell them the same thing, unneeded gift no ricept. Also speak to a Manager if needed. Sometimes it helps to let the people know you will gladly accept stor credit. If they accept the return, maybe your husband or someone in the family can make the return for you so that there is no problem should they remember you.   Sorry this long and I hope this is helpful to you.   If anything there may be some second hand resale stores that may buy it from you for less,if not opened.                 Good Luck!
 Thank You for the info, I think I'll try calling Walmart tomarrow and see what they say. As for Target, they have gotten so strict that there is no way they will take it back. I talked to two different managers and even asked for the phone number for a regional manager but they gave me this 800 # and the customer service operators barely spoke english (grrrr) so I'm SOL with Target. I was so pissed about it that I wish I could stop shopping there, but I LOVE Target so much that it would be impossible to stay away
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)