Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do 17 year old teens listen to music these days

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:55 AM
  • 6 Replies
Hi ladies I am a little confused my 17 year daughter that I haven't seen in 16 years but lately we have chatted on fb and I asked her what were her favorite singers and she brings up Elvis Presley and all the old classic movies do you think I am talking to a 17 year old or a 60 year adoptive father who spy's on her texts and everything. Am I talking to my daughter or a 60 year old thinks he is my daughter what can I do for her to prove that's I am talking to her and not her physo adoptive father who is abessed of her
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
midterm
by Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:58 AM
When I was 17 ( I'm 22 now.) , I enjoy some old rock n roll, like Elvis Presley, but I also like the 80's glam rock, 90's rap and so much more, lol. I guess a good proof would be an app like KIK. good luck!
jbessie31
by New Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:01 AM
Thanks so much. I am hoping that I am talking to my daughter and not someone that is trying to act like her
Kells08
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:11 AM
Hi there!
I have an 18 year old sister who listens to alot of 90's hip hop and Dubstep. Alot of older adults don't know what Dubstep music is ;)
GleekingOut
by Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:15 AM

DD has a friend who growing up was ONLY allowed to listen to music prior to the 90's growing up. Her parents were extremely over protective of her. Because she was in show chior, she was allowed to watch Glee and became exposed to more recent types of music -but I can so see her saying that her favourite artists are (insert older style artists) because for a while that was all she knew.

So what I'm saying is - maybe her adoptive father only allowed her to listen to older types of music - maybe he didn't like the 'influences'.

GarysGirl85
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:20 AM
My 25yo has been a fan of ABBA and The Beatles since he was 12-13 and all 4 grew up listening to what their dad and I did and at 17 would have listed that over anything else.
PartyOfGirls
by Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:01 PM

Well the kids here are 17,13,7,3 and they listen to a variety of music. We listen in the home to a lot of stuff, from Nirvana to David Bowie to Elvis, to Rush and Queen and Greenday etc.....

SO and I love a various amount of generes, so kids have been exposed to it all, and have based their personal tatses on that.

My 3 yr old dd loves Twisted Sisters, Kiss and Areosmith, where as my 13 yr old is into Screamo music and dd 7 is hell bent on Justin Bieber lol SD 17 loves the old Classics like Elvis, Johnny Cash ABBA nad The Beatles.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)