Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Partner has changed

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 7:29 PM
  • 9 Replies
Hi , I don't know how to explain this but 10 months ago my dh changed .His speech is different ,it's very unpredictable I never know how he's going to say things one minute he speaks normally then it changes. This varies from minute to minute hour to hour and setences are really varied too.I find everyday conversation really really stressful.I just want him more like how he was before. I loved how he used to talk to me before its why I felt in love with him so this is very emotionally painfully. After 10 months of this I've had enough. I love him but every day conversation is just too much. It's like a never ending nightmare .I hope this makes sense and I'm not sure he's aware of it he says he isn't speaking any differently. A few examples instead of saying hi he started saying I and instead of saying how he would ow which he only said when he hurt himself before so I find it hard to understand him but it's mixed in with normal speech. I just don't know how to talk to him please help.
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Sassy3classy
by New Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 7:32 PM
So, I had a little bit of a hard time following you. From what I am gathering it sounds like a medical issue and he to see a doctor immediately...no joke. He needs medical attention.
Petal35
by New Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:20 PM
What makes it sound medical? I need to talk to him but I don't know how.
sissyboogs
by Katie on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:23 PM
I'd call his doctor and see if he needs a neurological consult. There are medical conditions that can cause abnormal speech like that.
mamatink7
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:27 PM
His speech is different thats a very bad sign for brain tram or something going on like a stroke (yeah I know slur speech)
MaineMammax2
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:33 PM
When was his last physical? Has anything else changed in his medical history, medicines ect..?
Petal35
by New Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:44 PM
Oh my gosh. He did have a seizure it's when I noticed but it got better then two months after it got a lot worse but I tried talking to him he got angry saying his dad hadn't noticed so the problem is with me, I don't think his dad noticed because it's not all the time.I didn't think it was connected with the seizure he hasn't seen his nerologist as the appointment never came though.
Rhodin
by Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:48 PM
You have to record him so he can hear how he sounds. It'll help the doctor, too.

Quoting Petal35: Oh my gosh. He did have a seizure it's when I noticed but it got better then two months after it got a lot worse but I tried talking to him he got angry saying his dad hadn't noticed so the problem is with me, I don't think his dad noticed because it's not all the time.I didn't think it was connected with the seizure he hasn't seen his nerologist as the appointment never came though.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:37 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:55 PM

I agree with the others,
He needs to see his doctor,

Hugs to you :)

Petal35
by New Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:14 PM
Okay I'll see what I can do.I did think about recording him.it's so hard when he doesn't hear it, it comes on as well when he's tired does it sound like foreign accent syndrome?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)