Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SAHM and I need other moms to talk to.

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:54 PM
  • 14 Replies
Ok. So this is my first post here. I'm a SAHM and I really need other moms to talk to. So here I am. Yep. I'm just trying to navigate the sea of toddlerhood with my two year old. Trying to figure out how to meet moms with kids the same age as her, sleep train and potty train her, and all that good stuff.
by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shelly2352
by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:59 PM
Hello,
I have adult kids but I do have a two year old best friend, my grand daughter! Try local library for reading groups, local gymnastic or dance clubs for mommy and me classes, and when it is nice outside the local park is a good place to meet other kids and their parents.

Where do I learn the abbreviations for this group
DH?
SAHM?
lwalker270
by Lara on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Shelly2352: Hello, I have adult kids but I do have a two year old best friend, my grand daughter! Try local library for reading groups, local gymnastic or dance clubs for mommy and me classes, and when it is nice outside the local park is a good place to meet other kids and their parents. Where do I learn the abbreviations for this group DH? SAHM?

DH = Dear Husband

SAHM = Stay at home mom

There used to be a list floating around...let me see if I can find it.

Here you go:  http://mobile.cafemom.com/group/19851/forums/read/1297088/Abbreviations

The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.

~ F. Scott Fitzgerald

Shelly2352
by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:05 PM
Haha
This very passionate woman (rude actually) was posting earlier in mostly abbreviations and I understood most of the BM bio mom
SD step daughter
OP or SO other person or significant other
The whole time she was putting down the DH I thought it was dick head haha

Quoting lwalker270:

Quoting Shelly2352: Hello,
I have adult kids but I do have a two year old best friend, my grand daughter! Try local library for reading groups, local gymnastic or dance clubs for mommy and me classes, and when it is nice outside the local park is a good place to meet other kids and their parents.

DH?
SAHM?

DH = Dear Husband

SAHM = Stay at home mom

Here you go:  http://mobile.cafemom.com/group/19851/forums/read/1297088/Abbreviations

lwalker270
by Lara on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:06 PM
2 moms liked this

Have you checked out MOPS or MOMS Clubs in your area.  I know when my boys were little and we had just moved to a new area, they were life savers!  I'm still friends with a lot of the women I met through those groups :)

http://www.mops.org/

http://www.momsclub.org/

lwalker270
by Lara on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:06 PM

LOL...I could see where it could stand for Dick Head if you're having a bad day :D

Quoting Shelly2352: Haha This very passionate woman (rude actually) was posting earlier in mostly abbreviations and I understood most of the BM bio mom SD step daughter OP or SO other person or significant other The whole time she was putting down the DH I thought it was dick head haha
Quoting lwalker270:

Quoting Shelly2352: Hello, I have adult kids but I do have a two year old best friend, my grand daughter! Try local library for reading groups, local gymnastic or dance clubs for mommy and me classes, and when it is nice outside the local park is a good place to meet other kids and their parents. Where do I learn the abbreviations for this group DH? SAHM?

DH = Dear Husband

SAHM = Stay at home mom

The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.

~ F. Scott Fitzgerald

Shelly2352
by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:07 PM
Thanks for the link
Have a fabulous day

Quoting lwalker270:

LOL...I could see where it could stand for Dick Head if you're having a bad day :D

Quoting Shelly2352: Haha
This very passionate woman (rude actually) was posting earlier in mostly abbreviations and I understood most of the BM bio mom
SD step daughter
OP or SO other person or significant other
The whole time she was putting down the DH I thought it was dick head haha

Quoting lwalker270:

Quoting Shelly2352: Hello,

DH?
SAHM?

DH = Dear Husband

SAHM = Stay at home mom

livelaughlove29
by Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome! I am also a SAHM even tho my kids go to school. I have 3 daughters...Hannah will be 11 on the 31st, Kayla will be 10 in June, and Gracie will be 9 in August. We live in AZ but are from AR. Feel free to message me anytime!
NichiTsukinoko
by New Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:10 PM

hello Shelly and lwalker, 

we used to go to a local library reading group. But then my husband's schedule changed and now we can't make it anymore. (we only have the one car, to save money). And we unfortunately live in an "up and coming" area. It wasn't up and coming when my husband and I were growing up.  It was just a little town where working class people lived. But that's changed in the last 10 years and now all the classes and activities are priced for a wealthier group of people than us.  We do plan on moving to a less trendy area at some point, but until we do we need a way to keep her socially engaged that isn't going to cost $15-$30 an hour. 

We have tried parks, but mostly older kids go to the park. not 2 year olds. So that's been a bust.

I guess one of my big questions is, when you do meet someone with kids, how do you vet the parents to make sure they are going to be ok to let into your life? Just because people have kids doesn't mean they are 'safe', if you know what I mean. 

lwalker270
by Lara on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:11 PM

Quoting Shelly2352: Thanks for the link Have a fabulous day
Quoting lwalker270:

Quoting Shelly2352: Haha This very passionate woman (rude actually) was posting earlier in mostly abbreviations and I understood most of the BM bio mom SD step daughter OP or SO other person or significant other The whole time she was putting down the DH I thought it was dick head haha
Quoting lwalker270:

DH = Dear Husband

SAHM = Stay at home mom

You too!

~ F. Scott Fitzgerald

NichiTsukinoko
by New Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:15 PM

@lwalker270

Thanks for the links! I'll look into those! I have never even heard of them till now! Thank you so much!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)