Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

feel alittle emotional.

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:52 AM
  • 5 Replies
Ive been experiencing alot of emotions lately. I had my first panic attack in sept 2015. It's been hard to overcome these emotions. I assume because my children are growing up and leaving home. I've grown so attached to them. I stayed home to raise them and now since they are getting their own identity I have nothing to rely on. I have no experience in the work force. So it leaves me feeling sad. How do I let go of these emotions. Where do I start to move forward.
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Aquarius_RN
by Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:54 AM
You build a life again. Find a job, friends, hobbies. Talk to your husband. Get a therapist to talk through your issues. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
selena38
by Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:18 PM
Thank you. I do have a therapist and working on how to build my self-confidence. I'm excited but also scared what's out there .
Reina13
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:28 PM

A lot of people live for their children and find themselves lost when they grow up and move on. It's great that you are in therapy. What about taking classes or getting involved with your community? It is a great way to keep busy and meet new  people. Life can be frightening but it is also beautiful and should be lived to the fullest. 

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm glad that you're doing this for yourself.

Start doing the things that you used to enjoy before kids.... if you enjoyed playing softball or going bowling, do it! If you enjoyed crafting, reading or going to the movies, do it!

To gain some experience for the working world, you can volunteer (or if you've volunteered in the past while your kids were growing up you can use that on resumes). Potential employers love to see that you've done something, even if it's not a paying position.

Quoting selena38: Thank you. I do have a therapist and working on how to build my self-confidence. I'm excited but also scared what's out there .

selena38
by Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:54 PM
Thank you so much. I feel your advise is genuine! ! That does give me hope . I did love playing basketball and tennis. I forgot about all that. Thank you again!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)