Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

surviving being a mom

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 3:16 PM
  • 14 Replies

Mobile Photo

I work out side the home,as a Grocery Vendor Merchandiser. ....I work for Schraad n Associates. ..and I also work for Acosta sales n Marketing...

Then the only time I have to breath is the weekends...So i clean house ,wash clothes,vacuum n sweep floors,clean litter box,take out the trash. ...

Tell me there is more out there than this....

Has anyone seen the movie....MOMS NIGHT OUT...Great movie....I've watched it 5 times in the last two days...

I think I need to plan a Mom's night out.
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calsmom62
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this
You have to plan time for yourself-- there is no "me time" fairy who plans it for you..
Aquarius_RN
by Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this
You need to make time for yourself. It is very possible to find a balance between motherhood and being yourself and having a life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SaigeMarie
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:01 PM
I'm a about to be a new mom plus working full time and taking car of the animals but I always tell my husband "when you die do you want to be remembered as having a clean orderly house or something more?"

My life is about to change drastically but I won't allow our home to take over my life....

Take one night a week where it's "you time."
bphillipschraad
by New Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I was thinking about going out with a coworker n just go eat and hang out
livi.g.
by New Member on Feb. 1, 2016 at 11:28 PM
I hope you can let loose for a night!!!! :) respect to you for being such a hard worker and mother!
onethentwins
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2016 at 11:32 PM

Nothing in your post says absolutely anything about motherhood.  All you've described is work and housework, so where's the surviving motherhood part?

If you don't have an SO to help with the housework, use some of the money you earn to hire a cleaning service.  

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Feb. 1, 2016 at 11:47 PM
I love "Moms Night Out" and "Single Moms Club" both great movies.
I had to force time for myself, my husband helped encouraged me to.
We also get couple time in!

Quoting bphillipschraad:

Mobile Photo

I work out side the home,as a Grocery Vendor Merchandiser. ....I work for Schraad n Associates. ..and I also work for Acosta sales n Marketing...

Then the only time I have to breath is the weekends...So i clean house ,wash clothes,vacuum n sweep floors,clean litter box,take out the trash. ...

Tell me there is more out there than this....

Has anyone seen the movie....MOMS NIGHT OUT...Great movie....I've watched it 5 times in the last two days...

I think I need to plan a Mom's night out.
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Feb. 1, 2016 at 11:48 PM
This! No one is definitely not going to do it for you.

Quoting calsmom62: You have to plan time for yourself-- there is no "me time" fairy who plans it for you..
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Feb. 1, 2016 at 11:50 PM
Don't think just go! What's there to think about? How old are your kids?

Quoting bphillipschraad: I was thinking about going out with a coworker n just go eat and hang out
calsmom62
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2016 at 5:09 AM
A few yrs ago I realized other moms I ran into at drop off or at sports were always saying, gee , we really need to have a moms night... and nobody ever planned one.. So I sent out an Evite for moms in the scout group first.. we now have been having at least twice yearly nights out since.. did the same for neighborhood moms after I started working full time as before my house had always been the gathering place for play dates and coffee klatches.. some moms are in both groups...not everyone comes each time and out of those groups I meet up with some individually for breakfast before work or a hike on the weekend. It wouldn't happen if I didn't take the initiative..

Quoting Hottmomma607: Don't think just go! What's there to think about? How old are your kids?
Quoting bphillipschraad: I was thinking about going out with a coworker n just go eat and hang out
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)