Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birth control

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:42 AM
  • 42 Replies

Just curious what kind of bc everyone uses.

I was with my ex for 10 years and he had a vasectomy. When bf and I got together it was strange to have to think about bc again. I ended up going with the nexplanon. So far it's great! My periods are completely gone now which is awesome, but makes me worry at the same time. 

by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lettie.Hatter
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:44 AM
On Monday I'm going in to get that iud put in my cervix. I'm kind of nervous tho but I'd rather not get pregnant again :D what is the nexplanon? Doesn't that one go in ur arm?
janedoedoh
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:47 AM

Yep it goes in your arm and lasts for 3 years. 

Quoting Lettie.Hatter: On Monday I'm going in to get that iud put in my cervix. I'm kind of nervous tho but I'd rather not get pregnant again :D what is the nexplanon? Doesn't that one go in ur arm?

Jemmy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:34 PM
Mirena
by Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:36 PM
Condoms
RocknRoll.Rose
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:42 PM
Pregnancy. I was using condoms but obviously that didn't work.
janedoedoh
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:45 PM
Lol yeah well pull out method here. That's why i got my ass on Bc

Quoting RocknRoll.Rose: Pregnancy. I was using condoms but obviously that didn't work.
hannmc14
by Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:49 PM

I was going to get the nexplanon but it has a higher risk of weight gain and I am already over weight so they recommended the IUD instead so I have the mirena. I just got it on Monday and so far so good other than a bit of cramping.

RocknRoll.Rose
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:51 PM
Lol I had an appointment to get BC but They messed the first apointment up and then the second was rescheduled because they double booked, and then the third ended up being my first prenatal appointment.

Quoting janedoedoh: Lol yeah well pull out method here. That's why i got my ass on Bc

Quoting RocknRoll.Rose: Pregnancy. I was using condoms but obviously that didn't work.
janedoedoh
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:54 PM
That happened to a friend of mine.

Quoting RocknRoll.Rose: Lol I had an appointment to get BC but They messed the first apointment up and then the second was rescheduled because they double booked, and then the third ended up being my first prenatal appointment.

Quoting janedoedoh: Lol yeah well pull out method here. That's why i got my ass on Bc

RocknRoll.Rose
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:09 PM
I'm sure it happens a lot. I wasn't planning to even have sex When we did and I got pregnant the first time we did it.

Quoting janedoedoh: That happened to a friend of mine.

Quoting RocknRoll.Rose: Lol I had an appointment to get BC but They messed the first apointment up and then the second was rescheduled because they double booked, and then the third ended up being my first prenatal appointment.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)