Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

club foot momma

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:46 AM
  • 16 Replies
My son, Mason was born with bilateral club feet. Although no one in either side of the family was born with it, and they say it is hereditary. He's been through the Ponsetti casts and the bilateral tendon release surgery. He's been in his Ponsetti braces for a few months, we are now to the point where he only needs to be in them for bedtime (for the next 4 years ). I noticed today that it appears as if his feet are turning in again, even though we follow the Dr's instructions to the letter to keep this from happening. His calves still appear bowed, although that could just be the way his fat formed from the casts. He has a Dr apt to get looked at. I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this post surgery? I'm worried he's going to have to be casted again. Now at 7 months that would really anger my tiny beast.
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Mar. 22, 2016 at 1:01 PM

First he's adorable! I'm sorry you're going through this. I wish your little speedy recovery and healing. I don't have any experience with this.

Quoting aschkat: My son, Mason was born with bilateral club feet. Although no one in either side of the family was born with it, and they say it is hereditary. He's been through the Ponsetti casts and the bilateral tendon release surgery. He's been in his Ponsetti braces for a few months, we are now to the point where he only needs to be in them for bedtime (for the next 4 years ). I noticed today that it appears as if his feet are turning in again, even though we follow the Dr's instructions to the letter to keep this from happening. His calves still appear bowed, although that could just be the way his fat formed from the casts. He has a Dr apt to get looked at. I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this post surgery? I'm worried he's going to have to be casted again. Now at 7 months that would really anger my tiny beast.

sanj1213
by Member on Mar. 23, 2016 at 12:43 PM
I don't have any experience with this, but if his feet are turning my guess is he may need the braces on more often that just at bedtime.
Alexsi1
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2016 at 2:19 PM
I don't have experience with this. I hope his appointment goes well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by Ruby Member on Mar. 23, 2016 at 2:32 PM
I have not had to deal with the that. Hope you get answers
Stevensmomma
by on Mar. 23, 2016 at 2:50 PM
Sorry never delt with this but best of luck in finding your answers
mama2b100808
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2016 at 3:11 PM

He is adorable. I don't have any experience with this. I hope you find your answers. 

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 23, 2016 at 4:45 PM

hugs

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Mar. 23, 2016 at 4:51 PM

Mason is so precious!!

I didn't have this experience. My son had to wear the special shoes for a good while. But his feet were fine afterward- a very mild case. My nephew didn't have to wear corrective shoes, but his parents were told every time they changed him to manipulate his feet so they would be straighter, and this worked for his light case also.

Mason's is a far more severe case. I hope you let us know what you find out?

Quoting aschkat: My son, Mason was born with bilateral club feet. Although no one in either side of the family was born with it, and they say it is hereditary. He's been through the Ponsetti casts and the bilateral tendon release surgery. He's been in his Ponsetti braces for a few months, we are now to the point where he only needs to be in them for bedtime (for the next 4 years ). I noticed today that it appears as if his feet are turning in again, even though we follow the Dr's instructions to the letter to keep this from happening. His calves still appear bowed, although that could just be the way his fat formed from the casts. He has a Dr apt to get looked at. I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this post surgery? I'm worried he's going to have to be casted again. Now at 7 months that would really anger my tiny beast.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:36 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Mar. 23, 2016 at 4:56 PM

Oh how cute he is,
Hopefully someone else can help you with this
Hugs to you :)

johnny4ever
by on Mar. 23, 2016 at 5:54 PM

No experience..bump for others.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)