Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever wanted to change your first name?

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 2:57 PM
  • 23 Replies

I'm OK with my first name, but I had a friend in college who dropped her first name and used her middle name.

by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ineffable
by Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I really like my name
liveforever
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I hated my full name growing up. I dont know why, it's nothing crazy. Now I just get annoyed by all of the hurricane Katrina comments.

Most people don't know that's my actual name. I go by Katie.

My bil goes by his middle name. I didnt know that wasn't his name until I got the wedding invitation lol.
WhatABeach
by Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:03 PM
Yes, my first name is Jennifer. It is way to popular in my age group. I was always Jennifer S. growing up.
Bmat
by Emerald Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:03 PM

Katrina is a beautiful name. I can see the unfortunate association with the storm.

Quoting liveforever: I hated my full name growing up. I dont know why, it's nothing crazy. Now I just get annoyed by all of the hurricane Katrina comments. Most people don't know that's my actual name. I go by Katie. My bil goes by his middle name. I didnt know that wasn't his name until I got the wedding invitation lol.

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:04 PM

My grandma didn't like her name and changed it to a name not even close.

all2gethernow
by Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I've changed mine so many times, people call me by many names.
squeekers
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Took me till i was 26 to meet someone with my first name spelled the same. By then I had traveled Europe, been in & out of the US Army. As a child, I was the only one in the yearbooks with my first name- ever. My brother was the only one ever with his name, too. My father's name was common when he went there, but mother was also the only one with her name at the same schools as us.
No I will not type out my IRL name so don't ask.
Bmat
by Emerald Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:19 PM

OK. I don't blame you at all. :)

Quoting squeekers: Took me till i was 26 to meet someone with my first name spelled the same. By then I had traveled Europe, been in & out of the US Army. As a child, I was the only one in the yearbooks with my first name- ever. My brother was the only one ever with his name, too. My father's name was common when he went there, but mother was also the only one with her name at the same schools as us. No I will not type out my IRL name so don't ask.

c8ln
by Member on Mar. 23, 2016 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this

No, I always liked my name (Caitlyn)!  I used to get called Catie Caboom (like the girl on Animaniacs) a lot when I was a pre-teen.   I didn't always like that,  but it was kinda accurate!

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Mar. 23, 2016 at 2:05 PM

laughing(I like your username, too. :)

Quoting c8ln:

No, I always liked my name (Caitlyn)!  I used to get called Catie Caboom (like the girl on Animaniacs) a lot when I was a pre-teen.   I didn't always like that,  but it was kinda accurate!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)