Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone who had a broken ankle

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2016 at 8:33 PM
  • 8 Replies

i broke my ankle on 2/5..no surgery. Had 3 casts and then an air boot. I am now back in my shoe but my foot is still swelled, red and sore, some burning. I see the dr. on 4/7.

according to health forums and utube videos..this is still normal after all the time.

anyone experience this?

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 29, 2016 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
fullxbusymom
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2016 at 8:35 PM

Yes, completely normal and will probably continue to do this for months and during damp cold weather or on your feet too long swell for years. 

Happened to me in 2010 and this is the first year so 6yrs later that it hasn't occurred.

pagan51
by on Mar. 29, 2016 at 8:36 PM

omg..i ice it at night because its so sore..good to know its normal

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Yes, completely normal and will probably continue to do this for months and during damp cold weather or on your feet too long swell for years. 

Happened to me in 2010 and this is the first year so 6yrs later that it hasn't occurred.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 29, 2016 at 9:34 PM

I hope it's better soon. Hugs

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Mar. 29, 2016 at 9:41 PM
Awwww I'm sorry that happened to you.
Yes it can still be swollen. ((hugs))
mikesmom65270
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2016 at 9:44 PM

Yes, this is normal. I can't remember how long it took mine to get back to normal, but it took at least a few months. Continue to elevate as much as possible and don't overdo being on your feet.

auntangelofsix
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2016 at 10:33 PM
Never Broke my Ankle but have torn ligament in it a few times at my parents old House did it one time jumping on the Trampoline outback and one time in the house going either up or down the step in the Laundry room.
Bmat
by Emerald Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 9:47 AM

I had an avulsive fracture (the ligament pulled a chip of bone off of the ankle) so it was less serious than yours. Months later it is still swollen, but not painful. I was told it would take over a year to fully heal, but I have friends with injured ankles who have the ankle still swollen years later.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:30 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:22 AM

Not me but hugs to you :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)