Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can CPS Do This In Florida?

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 8:37 AM
  • 12 Replies
I have a friend who was turned into CPS ( Child Protective Serivces )
for medical neglect ( long story ). They had her and her daughter come in under the pretense they were going to do a medical exam for the daughter's seizures ( daughter has already been diagnosed ). They told my friend she was allowed in examination room but never took her in there; just kept her in office for the whole hour. The investigator admitted she had never heard of the medical team calling someone in for an exam over seizures. Anyway the daughter told my friend they pulled down her pants and took pictures of every single bruise on her body. My friend is extremely pissed because she feels she was led there under false pretenses. Should she get a lawyer or at least talk to one? Can CPS do that?
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LissieRun
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 8:42 AM
Idk if they can do that, but that sounds like enough reason to talk to a lawyer. If it were me and that happened, yeah my next call would be to a lawyer
Rhodin
by Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 8:50 AM

Well they just did.  It doesn't mean they SHOULD, though.

How old was the daughter?  My oldest is 6 and autistic and the only time one of us parents wasn't in the actual room for a procedure was when she needed an xray, and DH was only out for the few seconds that everyone else was out of the room.  I've never been told to leave, but I HAVE been told to help hold her down during some of her exams.  She can't really be talked into staying still.  I wouldn't let her sisters get examined alone, either, even if they're better at following directions.

There's no harm in just talking to a lawyer.  She should find one that specializes in fighting CPS.  I think there's even a Fight CPS website that lists them.

Momoffour83
by Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 8:55 AM
Its was over the youngest daughte; she's 8. I also thought it weird they did that and I will tell her about the website.

Quoting Rhodin:

Well they just did.  It doesn't mean they SHOULD, though.

How old was the daughter?  My oldest is 6 and autistic and the only time one of us parents wasn't in the actual room for a procedure was when she needed an xray, and DH was only out for the few seconds that everyone else was out of the room.  I've never been told to leave, but I HAVE been told to help hold her down during some of her exams.  She can't really be talked into staying still.  I wouldn't let her sisters get examined alone, either, even if they're better at following directions.

There's no harm in just talking to a lawyer.  She should find one that specializes in fighting CPS.  I think there's even a Fight CPS website that lists them.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:29 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:21 AM

Not sure but I would get an attorney :)

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:24 PM

she probably was told what it was for.

XO.__
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:29 PM
I'm sorry but there's too many missing pieces and gaps in the story -

something doesn't sound right. now I'm not calling you or your friend a liar because FL CPS- let's face it , does the name Casey Anthony ring a bell? Ok . anyway it just doesn't sound like this is the whole story
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:30 PM
That's normal and she was probably told it was an exam but not how detailed. We had to deal with them when my son was hurt at school. I had to flat out tell them my son won't be out of my eyesight without a court order.
DecaturS86
by Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I was thinking the same thing, not enough detail to give an accurate answer...

Quoting XO.__: I'm sorry but there's too many missing pieces and gaps in the story -

something doesn't sound right. now I'm not calling you or your friend a liar because FL CPS- let's face it , does the name Casey Anthony ring a bell? Ok . anyway it just doesn't sound like this is the whole story
Momoffour83
by Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:02 PM
Well I didn't give full details because its private; just wanted to know about that part.

Quoting DecaturS86: I was thinking the same thing, not enough detail to give an accurate answer...

Quoting XO.__: I'm sorry but there's too many missing pieces and gaps in the story -

DecaturS86
by Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:34 PM
Completely understand, and that's fine. I was just saying I couldn't give my honest answer without knowing all details...

Quoting Momoffour83: Well I didn't give full details because its private; just wanted to know about that part.

Quoting DecaturS86: I was thinking the same thing, not enough detail to give an accurate answer...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)