• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moving to Hawaii HELP

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:26 AM
  • 16 Replies

Aloha,

My name is Jenny, and my family is moving to Hawaii in a 2 months. Im looking for Hawaiian friends on here, As I will no nobody i could use all the help i can get. I have 3 children. 1 biological dd (6) sd (14) and ss (12)

My DH is a diesel mechanic who specializes on marine mechanics and his company is moving to the big island in June.

Im looking for information about the culture, locals and anything else you fine people can provide.And possibly to make a few friends. 

Mahalo

Jenny

by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaniBee
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:10 PM
How exciting! I don't know anything about Hawaii but here's a BUMP and good luck :-)
ILovemyPaulie
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:12 PM

Please take me with you! Just kidding, I've been there a few times on vacation and LOVE it! Have fun! I'm jealous!

RainbowEater
by Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:17 PM
It's like ten dollars for a carton of oce cream haha. I would love to live there if all my family weren't here, I have a friend on oahu I visit once a year. I love the culture though, barefoot in the supermarket, babies run naked on the beach, dogs run with out leashes, farmers selling fruit on the side of the road, huge farmers markets with all the mamas in their big sun hats baby wearing. It's all just so laid back and causal, and there is a huge emphasis on health too
DelilahsMom4108
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:21 PM

Good luck with everything!

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:44 PM

Aloha!

I visited the Big Island for a few days about 10 years ago and loved it. It is my favorite of the islands that I've visited. The culture is more relaxed than I see here on the mainland. Enjoy the fresh fruits, the plate lunches, the shave ice, the dancing and museums. There is a custom of making signs by placing small white stones on the black lava rocks, so you'll see a lot of that.

I hope your move goes smoothly and that you enjoy your new home.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:46 PM
Good luck!
yvonne37
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:53 PM

good luck .... never been there but maybe one day :)

TigerofMu
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:20 PM

How exciting! I know there are a few moms here that live in Hawaii.  Not sure which island.  I hope you connect!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:23 PM

How awesome for you!
Best of luck :)

sanj1213
by New Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:33 PM
Oh I have been to Hawaii since I was a little girl.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)