• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's the Weekend! What Are Your Plans?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:11 AM
  • 79 Replies
1 mom liked this

Happy Weekend Everyone!

What are your plans? Do you have anything fun going on?

We have a pretty busy weekend planned. Since it is going to be so beautiful outside, instead of going to the lake or park, we are going to do some yard work and then power wash, re-stain and seal the back deck. It is going to take ALL weekend and I know I am going to be sore come Monday morning!
Don't be jealous of my oh so glamorous life ladies!  ;)

mowing the lawn

by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rough2_tough
by Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:18 AM
Its suppose to be cold and yucky. My daughter has dance tonight. While she's at that I may go see a co-worker who just had a baby.

Saturday we don't really have anything planned right now.

Sunday we have more dance classes and a meeting at the church for my daughters upcoming trip to Alaska.

I will probably work on a wedding gift that I want to get done. I have a few other things to do also.
Cafe MichelleP
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:41 AM

That sounds like a pretty full weekend. What type of dance does your daughter do?
How old is your daughter that is going to Alaska? Is it a church trip?

Quoting rough2_tough: Its suppose to be cold and yucky. My daughter has dance tonight. While she's at that I may go see a co-worker who just had a baby. Saturday we don't really have anything planned right now. Sunday we have more dance classes and a meeting at the church for my daughters upcoming trip to Alaska. I will probably work on a wedding gift that I want to get done. I have a few other things to do also.

Mygirl30248
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:56 AM

Recital Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!

Tonight Dress Rehersal, Saturday Performance, Sunday Performance

I am working from 8:30a-4:30p DD has gymnastics from 3:30p-4:30p so I will grab her after we have rehersal starting at 6p so we will grab a bite to eat on the way since its half hour drive & if your a dance family you know you need to be EARLY! We will be home like eh 9-9:30p probably.

Tomorrow we have no plans until recital so we are going to work on DD's room (her father usually takes her on weekends so this is rare or only once every 4-6 weeks that we have weekend time together). Anyway we have some stuff to hang up like her planets, posters, etc. Recital begins at 6:30p we will leave home 2 hours early so we arrive to recital just a little less then 1.5 hours early.

Sunday same thing recital nothing before hand but this time it's at 2p. Since we will be home early on Sunday we are thinking of family movie evening (DD has no more TV we took it away some time ago & I could not be more pleased with the results) as I saw E.T. on Netflix woot! She has never seen it so we will relax probably play a board game per her request & watch the movie.

Recital kit is packed, tutus have to be ironed after every performance but mini sewing kit, mini medical kit, hair products, make up, tights, accessories, shoes & so much more all packed perfectly for any emergency LOL

Cafe MichelleP
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:14 AM

Oh wow. Are you going to have time to breathe this weekend? Haha
Good luck with the recital! How exciting! Is your DD nervous or ready to go?

Quoting Mygirl30248:

Recital Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!

Tonight Dress Rehersal, Saturday Performance, Sunday Performance

I am working from 8:30a-4:30p DD has gymnastics from 3:30p-4:30p so I will grab her after we have rehersal starting at 6p so we will grab a bite to eat on the way since its half hour drive & if your a dance family you know you need to be EARLY! We will be home like eh 9-9:30p probably.

Tomorrow we have no plans until recital so we are going to work on DD's room (her father usually takes her on weekends so this is rare or only once every 4-6 weeks that we have weekend time together). Anyway we have some stuff to hang up like her planets, posters, etc. Recital begins at 6:30p we will leave home 2 hours early so we arrive to recital just a little less then 1.5 hours early.

Sunday same thing recital nothing before hand but this time it's at 2p. Since we will be home early on Sunday we are thinking of family movie evening (DD has no more TV we took it away some time ago & I could not be more pleased with the results) as I saw E.T. on Netflix woot! She has never seen it so we will relax probably play a board game per her request & watch the movie.

Recital kit is packed, tutus have to be ironed after every performance but mini sewing kit, mini medical kit, hair products, make up, tights, accessories, shoes & so much more all packed perfectly for any emergency LOL

Jethro178
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:42 AM

well, are planing on helping my sister in law to move a dresser and then we are going to have the grandkids for the weekend. so there will be no rest for these grandparents this  weekend. lol

Mrs.Elsey8486
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:45 AM
It is my sons 11th birthday today. So we will be doing something small today then have a few ppl over tomorrow.
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:46 AM

soccer on sunday. :-)

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this

We may go to a car show. The local church is selling subs and I ordered these and invited my sister over for lunch.

Cafe MichelleP
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:52 AM

Oh how fun! How many grands are you having over and what are their ages?

Quoting Jethro178:

well, are planing on helping my sister in law to move a dresser and then we are going to have the grandkids for the weekend. so there will be no rest for these grandparents this  weekend. lol

Cafe MichelleP
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Happy Birthday to him!! I bet he is excited for his get together tomorrow!

happy birthday

Quoting Mrs.Elsey8486: It is my sons 11th birthday today. So we will be doing something small today then have a few ppl over tomorrow.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)