• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it okay?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:51 PM
  • 14 Replies
I'm 11 weeks and 1 day pregnant today.I'm at work. Its almost 1 in the afternoon and so far today I've had a bagel, an apple, 2 pastry crisps, 3 slim Jim's, 3 v8 juices, an orange juice, a 7up and now I'm eating a 6 pack of chocolate donuts. I can't stop eating. At 3:00 I take my lunch and I plan on eating a can of Chunky's cheesy broccoli potato soup, a small thing of cinnamon apple sauce and some cheese that I cut up this morning. Is eating so much like this even healthy right now?? I don't know what to do. ,
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:54 PM

try eating from the main food groups...  :-)

K3412
by Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this

You need to be eating more high quality protein and fruits and vegetables. It's okay to eat when you are hungry, but you are trying to fill up on crap. Stick to water, lean high quality meats, whole fruits and vegetables, whole grains, etc. Stay away from processed refined sugar, high sodium foods and empty calories.

taffysierra95
by New Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:02 PM
It's just so hard when I wake up really early everyday and have to sit in a cubicle 9 hours a day
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:04 PM

you have to make time for this. you want your child(ren) to have better eating habits.

Quoting taffysierra95: It's just so hard when I wake up really early everyday and have to sit in a cubicle 9 hours a day

K3412
by Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Pack your food the night before. I guarantee they have a water fountain. Get a cup or mug you like and refill it as much as necessary. Bring snacks and meals that are filling and healthy. Get up and walk to the bathroom or around the building every hour. You can make excuses or you can take charge and make the best of the situation.

Quoting taffysierra95: It's just so hard when I wake up really early everyday and have to sit in a cubicle 9 hours a day

XchaosXx
by Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:11 PM
Since before I was pregnant that's how I ate.

I didn't eat at all hardly around 12 weeks because I got morning sickness worse than the average bear. After a month and a half of hell though, I was back to stuffing my face. I'm now almost 30 weeks, and I still eat like that. As you get further along especially, I would just work on integrating more healthy foods into your diet, and drinking mostly water.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sam12796
by Sandy on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this
That is way too much sodium. Not good for blood pressure and makes you retain water. Eat more lean proteins and more fiber. You will stay full longer. 100 ounces of water and cut back on soda and juices as well. Too much sugar.
taffysierra95
by New Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:18 PM
The Dr said my iron is low. Suggestions?
Raggedylaura
by Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:19 PM

Eating "Green" raw foods are really good.

XchaosXx
by Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this
This. It will be more affordable to.

If you're eating smaller snacks, take a bag with apples, fruits, berries, etc. and cheese and peanut butter noms or peanuts for protein, veggies. Slowly integrate these foods in.

I have a mug fro. The hospital I'm delivering at I always have on me filled with ice and water.

Walks will help battle some of the sleepiness and fatigue you feel too.

Quoting K3412:

Pack your food the night before. I guarantee they have a water fountain. Get a cup or mug you like and refill it as much as necessary. Bring snacks and meals that are filling and healthy. Get up and walk to the bathroom or around the building every hour. You can make excuses or you can take charge and make the best of the situation.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)