Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you your family's organizer?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:11 PM
  • 15 Replies

I swear my husband and teens think I'm some kind of computer organization system or something. They're constantly coming to me and saying, "Remind me on X day to do Y thing" or "Don't let me forget to Z!" or "Where's A thing?" People, please! I work and have my own things to keep track of and remember, too, so remembering your stuff on top of all of that is really pushing my brain to its limits! I have to write everything down, schedule numerous calendars in Outlook and my phone, and make daily "to do" lists in order to keep up with all of my stuff. When they heap all theirs on top and get upset with me for not remembering to remind them about something, or not remembering where something of THEIRS is, it's really frustrating. Yet if I don't do it, they forget something important that ends up affecting us all negatively in some way. *sigh* A mother's work is never done... 

Are you your family's organizer, too?

by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JadeHope
by Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:31 PM
No. My husband handles his things, places them on our family calendar as appropriate, I do my thing, and together we help keep our son on track.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crunchy_mom2
by Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:22 PM
I plan everything. I put it in to do lists, calendars and such.
Caramel824
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:51 PM

no im the family trouble maker!!

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:22 PM

Yes. It's easier this way.

SpiritedWitch
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:37 PM

I was and I guess I still am but now I just organize for me and my husband. 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:40 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Apr. 9, 2016 at 10:10 AM

we both are pretty good at it :)

Quoting bamababe1975:

I swear my husband and teens think I'm some kind of computer organization system or something. They're constantly coming to me and saying, "Remind me on X day to do Y thing" or "Don't let me forget to Z!" or "Where's A thing?" People, please! I work and have my own things to keep track of and remember, too, so remembering your stuff on top of all of that is really pushing my brain to its limits! I have to write everything down, schedule numerous calendars in Outlook and my phone, and make daily "to do" lists in order to keep up with all of my stuff. When they heap all theirs on top and get upset with me for not remembering to remind them about something, or not remembering where something of THEIRS is, it's really frustrating. Yet if I don't do it, they forget something important that ends up affecting us all negatively in some way. *sigh* A mother's work is never done... 

Are you your family's organizer, too?

NYmama96
by Member on Apr. 9, 2016 at 1:55 PM
I plan everything but I have this awesome Microsoft app that connects everybody's calenders and schedules so no one can say they forgot.

However can they just add to the calendar? Nope some how I'm the only one capable of doing it.
Bmat
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2016 at 5:22 PM

Not so much lately. My husband now puts his own schedule on the calendar.

auntangelofsix
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2016 at 10:38 PM
We are both pretty Good at it.
TigerofMu
by on Apr. 10, 2016 at 1:50 PM

Yes, but I make them write it on a sticky on my desk.  I told them that I won't remember if they just throw it at me in passing, and make them responsible for getting it on at least the rough draft of the list.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)