• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how to stain proof kid clothes

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:51 PM
  • 7 Replies
I seen a post where you can use soap WD 40and something else but how do you do it
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:53 PM

Not sure but hopefully someone else can help :)

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2016 at 9:53 AM

I googled and found the post, on CM actually. But there's no way I would do this- first of all putting the harmful chemicals around my child would not be something i wanted to do, the other things is that he puts it in his washer. I wonder if it is a hoax.

I also found while googling that there is a detergent that is supposed to give stain resistance.

athorne
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2016 at 4:29 PM

I would look at different ideas and try them out. I have used glass cleaner a few times and it didn't do too bad. I think I would hold off on the WD 40. It sounds a little too dangerous. I mainly use oxyclean, but I am still wanting to look at other options.

Reina13
by on Apr. 10, 2016 at 12:44 PM

I don't know that I would want WD40 on my kids clothes. I would probably look for other less harsh ways to stain proof clothes.

Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2016 at 6:50 PM
I've seen that, but you would be making your child a walking bomb. They would be so highly flammable. Plus would you really be ok with your child having all those extremely dangerous chemicals rubbing on your child's skin all day long? Also, all those chemicals will kill your washer and dryer and could make a gas dryer explode. Not something I would like happening in or around my family or home.
lenashark
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2016 at 6:56 PM
WD40 is highly flammable and poisonous. I would not sprat my childrens clothing with it. Just teach the kids to be semicareful and pretreat stains.
Bmat
by Emerald Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 5:26 PM

I agree WD40 does not belong on children's clothes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)