Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not Consistent

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:13 PM
  • 19 Replies
Ok. Im not consistent with my 2 and 3 yr old boys. That could be my problem with them listening to me. Every time i tell them to do something. They do the opposite. Especially my oldest. He likes to test me ALL the time. I do need parenting classes or a support group. Im gonna FREAK.
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:04 PM

Check for parenting classes in your area.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:28 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:18 PM

Welcome to CafeMom,
Aww sorry to hear this ..
Perhaps you can check out some parenting classes in your area.
In the mean time try to be consistent & have them have consequences for their unaccpetable behavior.

Quoting Genie84: Ok. Im not consistent with my 2 and 3 yr old boys. That could be my problem with them listening to me. Every time i tell them to do something. They do the opposite. Especially my oldest. He likes to test me ALL the time. I do need parenting classes or a support group. Im gonna FREAK.

.Angelica.
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Say what you mean and mean what you say. Don't make enough threats. If you tell them something you need to follow through. So don't say it unless you can follow through.

I know someone who told their child in the heat of the moment that they were not going to have a birthday that year. They actually followed through and he was so excited the next year to finally have a birthday. Lol
sanj1213
by Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 1:00 PM
Try very hard to be consistent, you're kids need you.
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Apr. 12, 2016 at 1:04 PM
Be consistent. It really helps!

Quoting Genie84: Ok. Im not consistent with my 2 and 3 yr old boys. That could be my problem with them listening to me. Every time i tell them to do something. They do the opposite. Especially my oldest. He likes to test me ALL the time. I do need parenting classes or a support group. Im gonna FREAK.
LaniBee
by on Apr. 12, 2016 at 1:32 PM
This is a tough age. Listening, following directions and exploring their limits can be challenges. Maybe find a parenting class or a book that can help you learn to be consistent and firm but fair. :-)
delanna6two
by on Apr. 12, 2016 at 2:06 PM

dh is much better with discipline than myself but I do agree with the other posters with being consistent.  I try not to do any promises.

timon95
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 2:26 PM
First start by being more consistent
goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 12, 2016 at 3:05 PM
Well then take a parenting course. It can't hurt, they will have tips of how to be consistent. Sometimes you have to help yourself before you can help others.
Bmat
by Emerald Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 3:25 PM

Ask your pediatrician's office about parenting classes, or look for them at the local college or Y.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)