Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you eat dinner in front of the TV?

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:44 PM
  • 62 Replies

My boys have a hard time reaching at the dining table, but no trouble at the coffee table, so we sit together on the floor using the coffee table to eat dinner on while we watch TV together. It's easy, comfy, and fun.

Where do you eat?

by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OxbAbIebxO
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:46 PM
I hate eating in front of the the TV but have been for a month now. We just bought a house and are re doing the dining room, so haven't set up our dining room table lol luckily the floors will be done this weekend so yay for back to th dining room table!
SamZ123
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 5:01 PM

If I'm by myself I eat infront of my laptop. When my kids are with me, we sit at the table.

auntangelofsix
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:03 PM
We sit at the table but we have the Tv on.
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:06 PM

we eat at the kitchen table. unless we are having pizza and movie night or my son has a friend over. 

Yurixsi
by Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:08 PM
We eat at the dinning room table watching tv it is my favorite time of the day.
Beautifulmom513
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:52 PM

We eat in front of the TV as well. Our house is really small and our kitchen/dinning room is 1 room. But its super small. Not really enough room for a table. And the way the house is set up, its not an open floor plan so all the rooms are separated and kind of closed off. We have a small card table that we keep folded up during the day and then at meal times, we set it up right in middle of living room right in front of tv. It works for now. We are hoping to some day maybe knock down the wall between living room and kitchen and make the space more open and bigger. But thats quite a few years down the road. 

pinkdaisy8864
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2016 at 3:55 PM

We do. As a family. lol

yorkiemum
by Member on Apr. 21, 2016 at 4:00 PM
I. Front of the tv
mrswillie
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2016 at 4:02 PM
2 moms liked this
When all the kids still lived at home, we did not. Dinner time was time to unplug and find out what's going on in each other's lives.
EarlGrayHot
by on Apr. 21, 2016 at 4:02 PM

In front of the TV.  But I'd say it's important to teach kids to ask others to pass a particular dish. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)