Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Full time mom in need of a nanny/ or babysitter

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:28 PM
  • 10 Replies

So I work full time from 6am to 2:30pm and I am in need of child care. I know that there are other working moms out there that must have the same problem that might be able to help.

So if my daugthers daycare sends her home, I dont have a back up. I dont have family or friends who live here or dont work full time, and I am nervous about sending her to a in home daycare. I would like to see if anyone can refer a NANNY or other reliable child care services that can provide help when my daugther is sick and cant go to daycare. It would be for emergency cases only when She cant go to daycare because she is sick and would probably be notifying them same day or the night before that I need childcare.

Thanks!!!

by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
star33
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:33 PM
When I needed a sitter I asked around & used 1 of the ladies recommended. I also used 2 other in home sitters on recommendation. All 3 were excellent. I've also used Care.com for sitters when I wanted a night out or needed a nap for a few hrs. Worked out great too.
nmgomez
by New Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:36 PM

Do you have anyone you could recommend? It sucks because it is only when my daugther is sick and its usually short notice, which means a daycare wont take her, and all my friends and family work

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:31 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:50 PM

Welcome to CafeMom,
I hope others can help .. good luck :)

rodriguez91-
by New Member on Apr. 21, 2016 at 10:52 AM
Yes I have the same exact problem I work full time from 7 to 4:30. When she's sick or she's off from school I don't relay on my family because they told me once that I couldn't "depend on them" for anything. With that said I'm a single mother doing it alone. Her father is he in the picture? You couldn't really say that, we'll he only sees her on Sundays but other than that him and his family don't see her or are around her much. Not even on her birthday! If u all could recommend someone for when when I need a baby sitter.
johnny4ever
by on Apr. 21, 2016 at 3:31 PM

Ask your local neighbors...or even go online for referrels.

SamZ123
by on Apr. 21, 2016 at 3:36 PM

I never understood this whole " I won't send them to a in-home daycare" where there are other children but yet you will leave your baby with a complete stranger with no one else around. I would think a baby would be just as safe/not safe in a in-home daycare as they would be with a nanny.

JadeHope
by Member on Apr. 21, 2016 at 7:52 PM
I would just ask around. I work, but my sister watches my son after school.
jconney80
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2016 at 10:48 PM
Are you in any local mom groups to ask for suggestions?
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Apr. 21, 2016 at 10:52 PM

i have heard of that site before...i think there might actually be one for nannies or sitters too specifically but this one I have seen before too

Quoting star33: When I needed a sitter I asked around & used 1 of the ladies recommended. I also used 2 other in home sitters on recommendation. All 3 were excellent. I've also used Care.com for sitters when I wanted a night out or needed a nap for a few hrs. Worked out great too.

celestegood
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2016 at 8:10 AM

I would just ask around your friends/acquaintences.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)