Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I Being Petty?

Posted by on May. 8, 2016 at 8:51 PM
  • 43 Replies
So it's mothers day and we had a lot going on. I have three kids in diapers and three step kids. Well, we went yesterday and bought all the mom's in the fam gifts (some we already had). Got up went to church(all six kids). And then to a family get together. The entire time my fiance literally did nothing with the kids but carry the twins to and from the car. I was so frustrated and busy, while he sat talking to people/eating/on the phone. Got home, he sat on the bed watching tv knowing perfectly well the house was a disaster and the yard had to get mowed. He wouldn't MOVE. I ended up mowing the yard/cleaning the house while the babies napped and the other four played. I'm tired, overworked and kinda heart broken about the lack of help from my fiance. And, no gift. Maybe the no gift is being petty. But the rest? I'm not sure. How would you all feel? And happy mother's day ladies!
by on May. 8, 2016 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sharpeyesniper
by on May. 8, 2016 at 11:36 PM
Heyro?
Ms_Smock
by Member on May. 8, 2016 at 11:39 PM
I would be so mad! Lazy smh
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:36 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on May. 9, 2016 at 12:20 AM

You're not being petty,
He should have gotten up & least mowed the yard ..

Hugs to you :)

ShannonAKAmom
by Member on May. 9, 2016 at 12:23 AM
2 moms liked this
He should have helped. Mother's Day or not.
PogoPalOj
by on May. 9, 2016 at 12:43 AM
7 moms liked this

If he is being a jerk now, don't complain after you marry him.  It will only get worse once he has you tied with paper work.  I am not trying to be mean.  I am speaking from experience.  If he isn't going to respect you before you get married, he won't afterward.

Hannahsmommy816
by on May. 9, 2016 at 7:53 AM

i would be super pissed and talk to him

STVUstudent
by on May. 9, 2016 at 7:55 AM

well, you see what your future holds with this guy...

mrswillie
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2016 at 8:03 AM
2 moms liked this
Did you try talking to him about it? Asking him to help?
Orionsbell
by Member on May. 9, 2016 at 8:06 AM
I think after the way he treated you its not petty. You should expect the best from your partner. That sounds very disappointing.
LaniBee
by on May. 9, 2016 at 8:35 AM
I would have mentioned what needs to be done but I certainly wouldn't have done any of it myself. Good luck, if this is the norm from him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)