Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trailor trash?

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 11:18 AM
  • 47 Replies
Good morning ladies! I want some input on some stress i am having. I am currently looking for a place to rent as my lease is up and i want to move. I have 3 kids ages 9-16. Ive been single for 9 years, that quite honestly have been challenging especially financially. My children have endured change after change while i tried to find just the right mix to balance everything. From owning a home to living with family, then changing states ect.they have had to change schools many times and i feel bad for that as their mom. So i know i want to buy a little house to give them stability. I have been working hard to improve my credit but im not quite there yet. I found a trailor in a quiet area with only 7 neighbors. Its in a great school district, close to work and for half of what im paying..i was thinking it could be a great come up for me and expedite my goals..but part of me feels like ugh ive never lived in a trailor..i maybe too good for it..kids arent too thrilled...i need u ladies to tell me all the pros and cons..i maybe just ignorant..i was thinking 6months to a year max and its in the area id want my future house.
by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kncevans
by Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 11:23 AM
4 moms liked this
Not perfect but sounds like a first step towards long term stability. Like you said they won't have to switch schools when you buy a house. I'd rather live in a trailer than an apartment because you don't share walls and generally have more space.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kncevans
by Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 11:25 AM
Also, if you aren't to good to couch surf with family, why do you think you are too good for your own place? I would let the kids help decorate their spaces and help them find community activities.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trenders43
by Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 11:25 AM
How about electric costs..should that be a significant concern?

Quoting kncevans: Not perfect but sounds like a first step towards long term stability. Like you said they won't have to switch schools when you buy a house. I'd rather live in a trailer than an apartment because you don't share walls and generally have more space.
trenders43
by Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol..not quite i was paying a family member in needs mortgage and moved my family in while i helped.

Quoting kncevans: Also, if you aren't to good to couch surf with family, why do you think you are too good for your own place? I would let the kids help decorate their spaces and help them find community activities.
kncevans
by Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 11:27 AM
Depends on the quality of he mobile home (windows, insulation...) I wouldn't think it would be more than an apartment a d certainly lower than a house. Usually you can call the power company and they can give you an estimate.

Quoting trenders43: How about electric costs..should that be a significant concern?

Quoting kncevans: Not perfect but sounds like a first step towards long term stability. Like you said they won't have to switch schools when you buy a house. I'd rather live in a trailer than an apartment because you don't share walls and generally have more space.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:33 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 11:27 AM

Doesn't sound too bad,
Why are they not happy with the idea?
How big is it?

kncevans
by Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 11:29 AM
Same difference in my book. You are a single mom of three who has been struggling, moved with family, changed states.....time to get off the high horse. Do what's best for your family.
Quoting trenders43: Lol..not quite i was paying a family member in needs mortgage and moved my family in while i helped.

Quoting kncevans: Also, if you aren't to good to couch surf with family, why do you think you are too good for your own place? I would let the kids help decorate their spaces and help them find community activities.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jun. 11, 2016 at 11:29 AM

If it's going to help you achieve your goal stay there for the 6 months to a year.

jamiee94
by New Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I live in a trailer, and for a family of 3 our bill is about 200 dollars but everything here is electric so if there's things that run on gas like stove, dryer, and water heater your bill would probably be lower depending on the cost of electricity in your area

Quoting trenders43: How about electric costs..should that be a significant concern?

trenders43
by Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 11:41 AM
3 bd. They think its a downgrade..they warmed up some when i told them the longer term plan. I tend to worry i could be overlooking something that i cant forsee because idk anything about it

Quoting hugss:

Doesn't sound too bad,Why are they not happy with the idea?How big is it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)