• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Don't know if I can live up to my boyfriends expectations of a wife

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:42 PM
  • 66 Replies
I'm divorced and have a child from that marriage. My boyfriend has been divorced twice and has 6 kids from those marriages. He's recently been sharing with me what he expects of me if we get married. He wants the house clean, he wants me to get up at 4:30am and make him breakfast before he has to go to work, he also wants dinner every night, and he wants me to basically have intimate relations with him every night and morning, and he wants me to jump in the shower with him when he decides to get in so I can wash him. Keep in mind I also work 8am-4pm myself, and I have my child during the week. Are these expectations something I can actually live up to? Or are we headed for yet another failed marriage before we even say I do?
by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 2:01 PM
3 moms liked this

Welcome to CafeMom,
Oh my .. sorry .. his expectations are not realistic at all
I'd be saying no thanks & gbye to him.
Best of luck to you if you decide to go through w/ this :)

Quoting Gods_rap: I'm divorced and have a child from that marriage. My boyfriend has been divorced twice and has 6 kids from those marriages. He's recently been sharing with me what he expects of me if we get married. He wants the house clean, he wants me to get up at 4:30am and make him breakfast before he has to go to work, he also wants dinner every night, and he wants me to basically have intimate relations with him every night and morning, and he wants me to jump in the shower with him when he decides to get in so I can wash him. Keep in mind I also work 8am-4pm myself, and I have my child during the week. Are these expectations something I can actually live up to? Or are we headed for yet another failed marriage before we even say I do?

Parker90
by New Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this
What exactly does he expect to do?
xoch86
by Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 2:03 PM
3 moms liked this

It's time to part ways with this relationship. He wants a slave, not a wife. He has made his expectations clear, and they are clearly unrealistic, which is why he's gone through so many wives.. Don't get caught beign the next.

bmw29
by Buttcrackncornchips on Aug. 6, 2016 at 2:09 PM
3 moms liked this
LOL That man is delusional and I'll bet that's a good reason why he's twice divorced.
cupcake7734
by Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Basically, he wants a Stepford Wife. I'd run, if I were you.

jessi2girls
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 2:13 PM

You are heading towards an abusive (at least emotionally) relationship!!

Period!

Run, because there is a reason he has two failed marriages.. don't put your child through this or yourself.

nmkj
by Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 2:19 PM
Two words: fuck and that.
lwalker270
by Lara on Aug. 6, 2016 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

There's a reason he's divorced twice.  

I'd rethink marrying him.  

coffeeandtoast
by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 3:09 PM

What would he be giving to you in return?

This doesn't sound healthy, I'd be tempted to run.

brysonsmommy_10
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 3:14 PM
He sounds like a controlling POS, I'd be running as fast as I could in the other direction!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)