• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ER Spin-off Post... Who Would You Hold Accountable?

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:41 PM
  • 9 Replies

So my daughter was about eight.  Old enough to know better and old enough to know to listed to her elders.  It was a crisp fall afternoon, and she was across the street at the house that we now own playing with the two little boys that lived here.  She had on a pair of jeans and sneakers, a bulky, loose sweater, you know play clothes. 

I was watching T.V. when she comes running into the house with her hand over her mouth and blood running through her fingers!  I rushed her to the bathroom and I am trying to look at her mouth and find out what happened, she said she ran through the glass storm door and broke it.  I was looking in her mouth for glass and pushed her hand down and away, suddenly blood starts shooting three feet away out of her arm!  Of course I start screaming for my mom, because she is a First Responder. I already hand my hand on her pressure point and was holding her arm up in the air when my mom came downstairs. She turned pale, applied a tourniquet and told me to call 911.

So while we were waiting on the ambulance the mother of the little boys comes over.  I start to tell her that I am not angry with her and she runs away.  My mom said it looked like I was going to kill her. I wasn't because Heather and I had talked.  She told me that Nancy, the boy's mother had told her to quit running in and out of the door and she didn't listen.  

The ambulance finally arrived and Heather and I got in.  My mom followed in the car.  Her arm was blue.  I am so glad that they knew what they were doing!  The medic would let the blood flow for a second or two but then put the pressure back on so that she didn't lose too much blood flow to the rest of her arm and hand.  You know it only took two stitches to fix that?  She could have bled to death in ten seconds and all it took was two stitches to save her life!  

Now whose fault was it?  Nacy's for not sending her home or my daughter's for not listening?

by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
shadowmoon
by on Aug. 7, 2016 at 1:10 AM

I would say both.  Nancy should have sent your daughter home after she failed to stop running in and out of the house the first time but your daughter is old enough to know better at eight not to do something when she is told no.    That being said, glad she is fine.

PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2016 at 1:21 AM
3 moms liked this

It was dang door's fault!  It was an accident.  No one's fault.  Unless of course the woman locked the door on your kid and that was the reason she went through it.

notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2016 at 7:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Your daughter
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Aug. 7, 2016 at 8:18 AM

I was thinking the door was locked too.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

It was dang door's fault!  It was an accident.  No one's fault.  Unless of course the woman locked the door on your kid and that was the reason she went through it.

PogoPalOj
by on Aug. 7, 2016 at 11:25 AM

I held my daughter responsible because she was old enough to listen to the elder in charge of her.  Nancy's landlord replaced the storm door.  But Heather and I had a long talk about consequences when we got home from the hospital.  She was okay, just a day out of school.  This happened eons ago.  Heather is thirty-three now.  But it is one of those life lesson things that I thought might need to be put out there. 

Quoting notjstasocermom: Your daughter

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:32 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Aug. 7, 2016 at 12:13 PM

I agree with this ;)

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

PogoPalOj
by on Aug. 7, 2016 at 12:22 PM

Sometimes you hit the door before you hit the handle. lol  She shouldn't have been running in the house!  Dang kid.

Quoting hugss:

I agree with this ;)

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:32 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Aug. 7, 2016 at 12:24 PM

true on the running .. a lesson well learned hopefully :)

Quoting PogoPalOj:

Sometimes you hit the door before you hit the handle. lol  She shouldn't have been running in the house!  Dang kid.

Quoting hugss:

I agree with this ;)

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Aug. 7, 2016 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Lesson learned,it was accident. Glad she was ok.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)