Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Speaking of cleaning solutions

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:47 AM
  • 0 Replies

I am still trying to find out what the combination of chlorine bleach and baking soda does to the laundry. From the one source I found, it cleans and deodorizes, but I wonder if there is some chemical reaction between the two. I know you can combine bleach and baking soda to make a cleaning scrub, since baking soda is slightly abrasive.

However I did find the following in my searching about combining baking soda and vinegar for a scrub. This combination is useless:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/peggy/16-common-product-combinations-you-should-never-mix?utm_term=.sdg7BkKO7#.nvxxmQbRx

How many times have you seen an ingenious solution on Pinterest touting the magical cleaning properties of baking soda and vinegar? The key is to use these two agents separately, not together — or you’ll end up with nothing.

Why: Baking soda is basic, vinegar is acidic. When you put them together you get mostly water and sodium acetate. But really just mostly water.

The worst that could happen: you could waste your time cleaning your entire kitchen or bathroom using a solution that doesn’t do anything at all.

by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)