Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeling cheated by a child!

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:52 AM
  • 20 Replies
I don't know if I should be on CaféStepMom, but here is my delema. My step son has a tendancy of stealing money from my husband and I. He either takes our debit cards or our Visa and we don't notice the transactions are done until he has taken several hundreds. The last time he stole from me I told him I would involve the police. Back in June I noticed some discrepancies in my husbands account. My step son had figured out my husbands pass word to access his online banking and had transfered over 1100$. My husband didn't give his son a conquence!!! It wasn't directly stolen from me..so I don't know what to do.
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Elle.tea.22
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this
I would call the police every single time or move my money to my own account and only use Apple Pay. Your husband is a loser if he allows this to happen. Frankly, this is divorce worthy to me.
cosmical
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I would call the police anyway and do it each and every time this happens. Get yourself a paper trail for the future.

mama2KiraEthan
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:16 PM

Sadly, if you husband refused to give consequences to his son for his actions, there is not anything you can do. When your SS steals from you, you can certainly call the police. I would be talking to my husband and inquirign why he is failing to discipline his child to stop this behaviour before it gets worse.

Quoting Beaner44: I don't know if I should be on CaféStepMom, but here is my delema. My step son has a tendancy of stealing money from my husband and I. He either takes our debit cards or our Visa and we don't notice the transactions are done until he has taken several hundreds. The last time he stole from me I told him I would involve the police. Back in June I noticed some discrepancies in my husbands account. My step son had figured out my husbands pass word to access his online banking and had transfered over 1100$. My husband didn't give his son a conquence!!! It wasn't directly stolen from me..so I don't know what to do.

mercy222
by Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:35 PM

I'm so sorry your step son has chosen to steal from both of you, and that your husband isn't doing anything about it,  I can't imagine how you must be feeling as well as the implications for everyone in the family. Have you consider counseling? A counselor can guide you on how to proceed about it and how to approach this whole unfortunate situation. There's a counseling center that you can call toll free, 1-855-382-5433. They're very caring and their focus is family wholeness. Give them a call, this organization has been super helpful to me for decades. I hope and pray you all can come out of this soon  and strongrer than today. Good luck!

Beaner44
by New Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:02 PM

i love your post...thanks I will talk to him about it.

Cafe Steph
by on Aug. 19, 2016 at 9:17 AM

Hi!

You're more than welcome to post here, and we also have a stepmoms group that you may find helpful to you, too: 
Join us in  Stepmom Central 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:29 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Aug. 19, 2016 at 12:18 PM

You & your husband need to be on the same page for this ..
I would be calling the police ..

hotspice58
by on Aug. 19, 2016 at 3:57 PM
2 moms liked this

This.  Why is your ss stealing?  If it's drugs, it will only get worse. Your dh not doing anything isn't helping.

Quoting Elle.tea.22: I would call the police every single time or move my money to my own account and only use Apple Pay. Your husband is a loser if he allows this to happen. Frankly, this is divorce worthy to me.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Aug. 19, 2016 at 7:08 PM

How old is he?

Don't keep the cards where he will look for them. Stop online banking and go back to old fashion paper. Or use better passwords.

mischele
by on Aug. 19, 2016 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Was it Dh account or is it a joint account? If it is joint I would call police
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)