• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Milk Bottles

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:34 PM
  • 39 Replies
My 22 months old son will not drink milk from a sippy or any other type of cup. Any suggestions?
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JoJosMommy270
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:18 PM

Quoting Allkidsarediffe: My 22 months old son will not drink milk from a sippy or any other type of cup. Any suggestions?

Does he want his milk in a bottle?

taKENheart
by Flovely on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:39 PM

I'm sorry that I have no advice to give.  Mine didn't have bottles at that age so I have no experience with that.
Good luck and I hope that someone has advice to give. 

Night_Roane
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:41 PM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I got DD to transition with that one. It was the only one she liked.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:51 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:32 PM

Keep trying different ones maybe,
Hopefully others can help ;)

Cafe Steph
by on Aug. 19, 2016 at 9:15 AM

My mom told my sister this and it worked for her son - for the bottles, only put water in them, nothing else, just plain water and for the cups, put juice or milk, even adding a little bit of chocolate milk mix or something to the milk. Soon he'll see that the stuff in the cups tastes better than the stuff in the bottles, and you'll be able to get rid of the bottles without much complaint. IDK if it will work for your son or not, but it worked for my nephew. 

STVUstudent
by on Aug. 19, 2016 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

take the bottles away.  Tell him, "you are a big boy, you get a big boy cup."  do not offer a bottle, put them all away so he can't see them or get them.  When he cries for the bottle, offer him a cup.  It will take a couple of days.  I would skip the sippy cups and just give him a regular plastic or paper cup at the table or high chair with just a little bit in it in case he spills or throws.  help him, show him how to bring it to his mouth... once he drinks what is in his cup give him a little more, but never more than a couple of tablespoons at a time (less mess to clean up) until he is committed to the cup process.  you will THINK that he will get dehydrated or will starve... but he most likely will not... it will just be an immense battle of wills that you must win (this time).

STVUstudent
by on Aug. 19, 2016 at 11:55 AM

the problem with cups like this is that they are nothing more than a modified bottle... the spout takes the place of the nipple, and nothing has really changed except this one has handles.

Quoting Night_Roane:

Mobile Photo

debrajm
by Member on Aug. 19, 2016 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Just do not give him bottles any more. He's too big.
suomynona_amam
by on Aug. 19, 2016 at 12:05 PM
So don't give him milk for a few days. Give him other drinks in regular cups. You can give him yogurt or cheese to make up for the lack of bottles of milk. At this point he really should be off the bottle and it sounds like more of a preference than a problem.
He connects milk with a bottle so he refuses the milk when it's in the wrong cup.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kimber2465
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2016 at 12:20 PM

we have a small verison of this one! my daughter started our grandson last month on it( he will be a year old next month). she figure since he was trying to take his brother cup from him, might as well start. lol

Quoting Night_Roane:

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)