• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Favorite Upcoming Holiday?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:51 AM
  • 32 Replies

Halloween, Thanksgiving or Christmas? And why?

I LOVE both Thanksgiving and Christmas, but Thanksgiving is the biggest holiday for my family.  We all get together and have a big feast, prepared by my grandmother. We sit around and eat, laugh, talk, watch football...then eat again.  I also love all things Harvest so I enjoy decorating as well.

by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:32 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:13 AM
3 moms liked this

Use to be TG,
Guess even though it is different now it still is one of my favs :)

casah4
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Christmas! No doubt about it. I love it!
GorgeyM
by New Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanksgiving - Every year my family gets together and has the same big feast.  I have always loved kids so as an added bonus I always take the children outside and play ball or some other inclusive game. The weather is great, the food is great, and you can feel the love. 

PrincessAsmommy
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I love everything about Christmas and celebrate all December! Actually my birthday and anniversary are in Dec too so that adds to the fun wink mini       There's something about the colors, lights, music, smells, food and activity that just keeps everyone happy and in a good mood (for the most part). We don't have much for family nearby so we alternate years with my parents for hosting and that usually dictates how much I decorate, the kind of gifts given, etc (they live 6hrs from here). They are coming to us this year so I'll go all out decorating in and outdoors, making treats, crafts with the kids.

I like Thanksgiving but without family or friends to share it with we tend to not go all out for it. Plus it's in Oct so it's not quite the big deal it is in the States where it kicks of the holiday season.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I love Christmas!!
auntangelofsix
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I love Christmas we do something as a family.
berlgirl1224
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Xmas
GAPeach83
by Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 3:19 PM

That is awesome! Sounds like lots of fun...

Quoting PrincessAsmommy:

I love everything about Christmas and celebrate all December! Actually my birthday and anniversary are in Dec too so that adds to the fun wink mini       There's something about the colors, lights, music, smells, food and activity that just keeps everyone happy and in a good mood (for the most part). We don't have much for family nearby so we alternate years with my parents for hosting and that usually dictates how much I decorate, the kind of gifts given, etc (they live 6hrs from here). They are coming to us this year so I'll go all out decorating in and outdoors, making treats, crafts with the kids.

I like Thanksgiving but without family or friends to share it with we tend to not go all out for it. Plus it's in Oct so it's not quite the big deal it is in the States where it kicks of the holiday season.

GAPeach83
by Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 3:20 PM

How is it different? Kids out of the house? No family nereby?

Quoting hugss:

Use to be TG,Guess even though it is different now it still is one of my favs :)

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:32 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 3:22 PM

Yes & yes, LOL

However this year right before TG we will have our first grand child (girl)
So no plans for TG yet .. probably none but will get to see/meet her ;)

Quoting GAPeach83:

How is it different? Kids out of the house? No family nereby?

Quoting hugss:

Use to be TG,Guess even though it is different now it still is one of my favs :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)