• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh, Really Mom? Smh

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 9:40 PM
  • 11 Replies

People wonder why I am the way I am, and here is the reason right here and now!  My dad fell off the back of the riding lawn mower last week. The hill was too steep and he shouldn't have tried it, but too late now. He was injured pretty badly so an ambulance was called.  My mom was working in the storage room in the back yard and he was out by the gate a good two hundred yards down the road from their house.  Well the neighbors were working in their yard and saw what happened and one of them got my mom.  She didn't change her clothes or clean up or anything.  She got into her car and drove down there to wait for the ambulance with him while the neighbor chased down the lawn mower that just kept going.  They live way out in the boonies by the way.  

So my mom follows the ambulance down the mountain to the hospital and rushes into the ER to be with her husband.  This is my step-dad by the way, sometimes I call him Russell sometimes I call him Dad.  Anyway, she rushes in and there is a doctor that they have never seen there before, he must have been making his rotations or something.  He looks at my mom and asks, "Who are you to him?"  

My mother doesn't miss a beat, "I'm his mistress."  And she runs over to hold his hand as the doctor is examining him.  He has a head wound requiring stitches, road rash on his back, a giant bruise on his tail bone, and two fingers are sprained, and his knee is swollen and cut up. 

She backs off while the doctor is doing his thing and she hears him whisper under his breath, "Man, you are getting more action than me. I hope your wife doesn't show up." 

My dad laughed and that just made him hurt worse.  Poor guy.

This is the lengths Russell went through to get my mom to marry him.  Yep, she said she'd marry him when she saw a 'ten foot T-Rex in her back yard'.  They got married and took their T-Rex to Mena Arkasas.

by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvnature
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 9:48 PM

sidesplittinglaughter Your mom sounds awesome and very witty too. 

PogoPalOj
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:01 PM

She is.  She is awesome.  But damn.  Her poor husband.  

Quoting luvnature:

luvnature
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:40 PM

I hope he feels better real soon. 

Quoting PogoPalOj:

She is.  She is awesome.  But damn.  Her poor husband.  

Quoting luvnature:

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:28 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:43 PM

LOL .. good for your Mom :)

CLA25233
by Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:44 PM
I was worried about where this was going. That was cute. Hope he feels better.
krazymom2boyz
by Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:45 PM
LMAO! Your mom's awesome! I hope your dad heals up soon though. I bet that was scary.
Momof6.3e3h
by Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:50 PM
Lol. Your mom sounds great. Glad your step dad is going to recover.
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:58 PM
LOL
Road to recovery for your dad.
jconney80
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:13 PM

ROFL!! Love her sense of humor! I hope your dad heals quickly! Poor guy!

jconney80
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:33 PM

Haha I was thinking the same thing! She sounds awesome :)

Quoting krazymom2boyz: LMAO! Your mom's awesome! I hope your dad heals up soon though. I bet that was scary.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)