Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sick of my MIL!!!

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:52 PM
  • 11 Replies
Can I just say that I am sick and freaking tired of the back-handed comments my MIL makes to undermine me with my children, with my husband, with anyone. She's making fat comments behind my back and honestly, I think she hates me. Which is crazy because in the 7 years she's been my MIL I have been the ONLY reason she sees my kids at all. My S.O. didn't even want her to know we had kids and honestly, i wish I'd been less hard headed and listened to him. I really wish I could just stoop to her level just once and punch her in the face. I just can't though, I have to lead by example for my kids. so I'm stuck, venting.
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilmom71
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:57 PM

What did she say?

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:28 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:59 PM

Sorry to hear this,
Perhaps you can try talking with her & telling her what the rules are & that you would appreciate it if she would follow them :)

Quoting DaMammaz25: Can I just say that I am sick and freaking tired of the back-handed comments my MIL makes to undermine me with my children, with my husband, with anyone. She's making fat comments behind my back and honestly, I think she hates me. Which is crazy because in the 7 years she's been my MIL I have been the ONLY reason she sees my kids at all. My S.O. didn't even want her to know we had kids and honestly, i wish I'd been less hard headed and listened to him. I really wish I could just stoop to her level just once and punch her in the face. I just can't though, I have to lead by example for my kids. so I'm stuck, venting.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:03 PM

stop talking to her.

jconney80
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry that you're going through that! I would back off from having her in your life if she is causing that many problems. I tend to do that with any family that is obnoxious though lol

DaMammaz25
by New Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 12:26 AM

I've tried talking to her but she is just such a bully, with everyone in her life. talking doesn't seem to help. She just loves making snyde comments like "MOM they're not babies, they can stay up till 9:30 on school nights" It's frustrating because she doesn't care whose around, she says things like that in front of my kids ALL THE TIME. I wish i could stay away from her, i really do, i definitely see how toxic she is, but i'm just not in a position to do so right now. Every time we try she calls CPS on us and we have to go through this whole process that is super uncomfortable and invasive to my daughters. 7 months to go until we move out of state... wish it were sooner. thank you all for letting me vent.

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 1:51 PM

The only thing I found that worked was to change my attitude and expectations. If you face every encounter with her as though you are outside looking in and stay pleasant (and firm when it involves the children) - treat her like a visitor- to be heard and then let her words roll off. -it makes it more bearable for you.

Biene_Maja
by Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 6:55 PM

Distance yourself. My mother in law hates me, she has from the moment we met. I truly could not care less, except it bothers my husband. We see her once a year. That is part of the reason she hates me, but I can deal with her for one week a year. 

TrustLover36
by on Sep. 8, 2016 at 6:59 PM
Lead by example and cut all the drama and negativeness out of your life. Your kids can and do pick up your frustration and stress given by your MIL.
Let her know that you won't allow that to happen. Big she wants to remain a part of your kid's lives then she needs to respect you fully. If not, she won't see your children as much.

It shows your kids that even as adults, they need to respect others. Even those they might not like. Respect everyone and kick the drama and negativeness from their lives.
Live happy!
12thMom
by on Sep. 8, 2016 at 7:21 PM

What kind of ISH is she saying to get CPS involved? Get a Harrassment order against her.

xoch86
by Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 7:39 PM

Why didn't you cut her off after the first call?

Quoting DaMammaz25:

I've tried talking to her but she is just such a bully, with everyone in her life. talking doesn't seem to help. She just loves making snyde comments like "MOM they're not babies, they can stay up till 9:30 on school nights" It's frustrating because she doesn't care whose around, she says things like that in front of my kids ALL THE TIME. I wish i could stay away from her, i really do, i definitely see how toxic she is, but i'm just not in a position to do so right now. Every time we try she calls CPS on us and we have to go through this whole process that is super uncomfortable and invasive to my daughters. 7 months to go until we move out of state... wish it were sooner. thank you all for letting me vent.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)