Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When your bestie becomes distant

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 4:27 PM
  • 16 Replies
Hi,
My besties birthday was recent. Me and a few other friends wanted to take her out to a nice restraunt and have a girls night so she said great. We made reservations. Me and another friend went out to buy her a gift and outfits to wear for the occassion. We were all going to go few weekends back but we all rescheduled due to babysitting issues. Anyhow 2 days before i get a text she cancels with no reason in text just says she has a game for her daughter tge day before mentions nothing about why cancelling for Sat. My husband says is she ok bc she hasnt really been around for a while. And when texting the other friend to mention about cancelling reservations she says whats going on i hooe nothing is up... i did text my bestie that hope all is ok and if any changes let me know she texted back all is fine. Over the summer my bestie had a falling out with another close friend of hers she came by and vented to me shortly after me and my bestie went to lunch and she did mention them two made up and are back on speaking terms. Just dont get it
by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Truth_spiller
by Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 5:05 PM
Maybe she wanted to spend that day doing something else and or didn't feel like going out. You could always stop by and check on her, to take her a gift. I would speak to my friend to her face and not just thru a text.
peachesforme
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 5:09 PM
Life happens. When you have kids and jobs and so many responsibilities you get stretched and tired. We have limited energy. Maybe she just wasnt up to going out.
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Oct. 27, 2016 at 5:44 PM
Maybe she wasn't interested. Hope all is well.
Alexsi1
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 6:03 PM
2 moms liked this

It honestly sounds like she was busy. If she was ignoring your messages it would be more concerning. Hopefully you all can reschedule at another time.

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Oct. 30, 2016 at 12:46 PM
2 moms liked this

I am sorry you have this worry.  Call her and try to get together with her, just the two of you. Even over to your place. Don't start out asking her why she canceled, let it go if it seems she is OK. She may bring it up herself.

AbbeysMom2013
by on Nov. 2, 2016 at 9:34 AM
She may have had other plans. But I would talk to her if it's bothering you.
Famousglm714
by Gina on Nov. 2, 2016 at 9:40 AM

My best friend and I have been friends for 17 years. It definitely ebbs and flows as most relationships do. We went a whole year without out really seeing each other when we were 19 or so. Some weeks we see each other 3 days in a row while others we don't see each other at all. I'm sure it's one of those things that will work itself out. 

Stevensmomma
by on Nov. 2, 2016 at 9:50 AM
It could be anything don't read into it too much
Azure
by on Nov. 2, 2016 at 10:20 AM

Sometimes people grow apart, and some people don't like to say it and will show you in other ways. It hurts to lose a friend, but it's a fact of life. And sometimes, people just aren't who you think they are. They can fool you for years and then turn on you in an instant. It happened to me with my sister. It was awful, but I got through it and I'm moving on. If it is the end of your friendship you'll be ok. Feel free to message me if you need someone to talk to. Sending positive thoughts your way. I hope she's just busy.

ablackdolphin
by Gold Member on Nov. 2, 2016 at 10:39 AM
So sorry. Maybe she is going through something personally. Weight gain and not wanting to go out? Depression? Etc
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)