• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Holiday Season: what do you think this is? (just curious)

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 2:27 PM
  • 20 Replies

I saw the expression "The Holiday Season."  There was a question about what signals the start of the holiday season for you.  For me, I think that after Halloween I am making plans for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's eve.

Is this the way you interpret Holiday Season? or is it more about Christmas only ?

by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 2:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KenneMaw
by Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this

A friend has a birthday on Nov 21 so that is when the holiday season starts for us and then another friend has a birthday on January 5th and that is the end of the season.

Tara.Momof4
by New Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 2:29 PM
2 moms liked this
I agree with that!
jesusismyfriend
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Holiday season starts the day after Christmas and runs until Christmas Day. I make plans all year.

midnight_storm
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Holiday season-last week of November until January 6th.
pinkdaisy8864
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Holiday Season to ME is Thanksgiving and Christmas. Anything after Halloween and before New Years.

PrincessAsmommy
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this

In the media the Holiday Season is that time from American Thanksgiving to about the first weekend in January. It's meant to encapsulate not just the mainstream Christian holidays but also celebrations from other cultures that happen in this time like Kwanzaa and Hanukkah. Everyone breaks out the decorations, food and music and even the economy gets a boost from all the shopping and travelling people do.

I like having the month of Dec to do some extended celebrating in. Our Thanksgiving is the beginning of Oct but in Dec we have my birthday, our anniversary on top of all things Christmas and New Year.

MikeysMom22
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Basically between Halloween and New Year's Day, The pastor of our church does a fun version of monster mash that we join in on.. hey why not right? Then I know the holidays are right around the corner :)

although my birthday is the end of January so I celebrate that the whole month too. 

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 7:00 PM

good

Quoting jesusismyfriend:

Holiday season starts the day after Christmas and runs until Christmas Day. I make plans all year.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this
To me, the holiday seasons starts on Thanksgiving Day and ends the day after New Years Day. I don't like seeing Christmas decorations up before Halloween and Santa shouldn't be in the mall before Black Friday. The Thanksgiving Day parade is when he makes his debut. I'm very traditional in that regard.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Emerald Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 7:33 PM

I'm unenthusiastic about Christmas decorations going up in August even! Talk about rushing the season!

Quoting coolmommy2x: To me, the holiday seasons starts on Thanksgiving Day and ends the day after New Years Day. I don't like seeing Christmas decorations up before Halloween and Santa shouldn't be in the mall before Black Friday. The Thanksgiving Day parade is when he makes his debut. I'm very traditional in that regard.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)