Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have Christmas Eve traditions?

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:27 PM
  • 44 Replies

Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions? Do you give a present or two the night before?

I always give my kids their Christmas PJS on Christmas Eve and they get to open them. They think it's so much fun. We usually watch Christmas movies too.

by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oliveoil423
by Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 6:42 PM
Last year we started the elf box, where they get pjs a new movie hot cocoa, and popcorn. And they get to open that for Christmas eve. Not just that my mom started a few years ago to do a Christmas eve dinner.

This year I told her I can do christmas eve dinner cause dh gets a ham from work. And she is doing christmas day at her house.
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 6:45 PM
We watch Christmas movies and finish prepping for the next day (I host an all day open house). The kids each open one gift which is always an ornament. I used to her them pajamas but now O only do if they want them m. DD always says yes, DS is a sometimes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 10:44 PM

Aww those are great traditions! I love the elf box idea! We always get Chinese food on Christmas Eve so we don't have to cook lol

Quoting oliveoil423: Last year we started the elf box, where they get pjs a new movie hot cocoa, and popcorn. And they get to open that for Christmas eve. Not just that my mom started a few years ago to do a Christmas eve dinner. This year I told her I can do christmas eve dinner cause dh gets a ham from work. And she is doing christmas day at her house.

jconney80
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 10:45 PM

I like both of those ideas! One of our Christmas traditions is for the kids to each pick out a new ornament and they get to put those on the tree first before anything else. Watching Christmas movies is a blast.

Quoting coolmommy2x: We watch Christmas movies and finish prepping for the next day (I host an all day open house). The kids each open one gift which is always an ornament. I used to her them pajamas but now O only do if they want them m. DD always says yes, DS is a sometimes.

Dardenella
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 11:31 PM

We always have special chili in bread bowls.  We also watch movies and when the kids were home they could open one present (limited choice) and it always managed to be the PJs. LOL

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Nov. 28, 2016 at 11:44 PM
Open new pj's and one small gift. Eggnog. Sometimes we open all and sleep in. LOL

Quoting jconney80:

Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions? Do you give a present or two the night before?

I always give my kids their Christmas PJS on Christmas Eve and they get to open them. They think it's so much fun. We usually watch Christmas movies too.

FoxTroll
by on Nov. 29, 2016 at 12:41 AM

Same as you. Pajamas and Christmas movies.

oliveoil423
by Member on Nov. 29, 2016 at 2:21 AM
My mom got them matching pjs and has Mickey on them. I told her that it would be awesome to do for pjs for the elf box. Once the elf box is empty and opened the elf leaves Christmas eve.

Quoting jconney80:

Aww those are great traditions! I love the elf box idea! We always get Chinese food on Christmas Eve so we don't have to cook lol

Quoting oliveoil423: Last year we started the elf box, where they get pjs a new movie hot cocoa, and popcorn. And they get to open that for Christmas eve. Not just that my mom started a few years ago to do a Christmas eve dinner.

This year I told her I can do christmas eve dinner cause dh gets a ham from work. And she is doing christmas day at her house.

BlessedMommy67
by on Nov. 29, 2016 at 2:41 AM

No, not really. Christmas Eve also happens to be my birthday (sigh), so the last few years I have insisted that it should be the one day of the year that I don't have to cook, and instead, we go out to enjoy a good mexican meal (my favorite). Since all the places close early around here (by 4 p.m.), it's an early meal. My husband and daughter usually make sandwiches or something later on in the evening if they get hungry again. Other than that, I don't mind if my daughter opens a gift or two, but it's not really a tradition. We kinda play it by ear.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:28 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Nov. 29, 2016 at 11:04 AM

We use to .. now trying a new one so idk :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)