Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feel Im in a lose, lose battle after moving 10 hours from home. Support please

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 12:02 PM
  • 16 Replies
I have gotten myself into quite the bind in less than 6 months! I feel stranded and don't know where to turn for support. I've made a huge move 10 hours from home to help with allowing my sons dad more time and his family. The BEGGED us here and now that im basically stuck have given cold shoulder. I had apartment I was renting from my sons grandmother, but since sons dad' new gf wasnt "comfortable" with this they asked that i moved. Moved in with his step mother and dad. Lost my car to blown motor so decided to also begin working with dads stepmom at their restaurant, so id have a ride without also asking for more help. Now this relationship is strained. & she's forcing me to find another way! Its a big mess. I just dont know how to deal anymore. :(
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lynnk426
by New Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Man, I'm sorry to hear how rough you are having it! If you can move back to where you were, I would. It's his fathers responsibility to come close to his son so you can provide stability and support for your son and your child. Either way, I would find a good, bible based Christian church that could help you with emotional support and resources to get you independent and on your feet. God bless you. I will pray for you. Lynn
Skittles2015
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh man
Do you have family? Friends that could help you so you can move back home?? If theres a will theres a way! Be determined and you can figure it out
Saphira1207
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:41 PM

Where are you, if I may ask?

I don't know what kind of resources are available where you are but there's usually some kind of workforce office to help with finding jobs and Social Services would probably have some kind of options you can use for apartments and transport.  If not they would certainly be able to steer you towards someone who could.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:35 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 7:44 PM

Oh so sorry to hear this,
Can you contact your family for help?
Is there a court written documents you need to live near your ex?
Big hugs to you :)

luckyinlife
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:13 PM
That is rough. Can you move back or are you stuck now by CO? That is absolute BS you had to move out of the apartment you were renting because of a GF. Women like that piss me off. Its not fair to you and your son to be kicked on the streets when you moved their for the ex and his family.
Sadmom2017
by New Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 11:41 AM

I would try to move back.  I'm sure family and friends would help you as they miss you!  It's hard to ask for help but you have to do what's best for your small family.  If you don't have a job or stable place to live he might try to get custody of your son.... Have you made any friends there? So eti es church day cares will let you put your kids in there when you work there, it's a win win situation.  Good luck and keep your chin up!

MonarchMom22
by on Jan. 14, 2017 at 11:49 AM

It is never good to be dependent on other people for shelter or transportation.  Please be very careful as if you get into debt or can't take care of yourself and son the Dad may press for custody based on your circumstances. Start saving every penny you have - every penny.  Put it aside to return to where you could take care of yourself. Don't share your plans with his family as they have not been honest or supportive of you.  

Does the Dad pay CS?  Have you looked into social services where you are now to get rental assistance?  You need to take control of your situation and make a plan to get to a better place.

Elle.tea.22
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 11:55 AM
Why would you move somewhere you aren't independent?
Gracefulgrayson
by New Member on Jan. 16, 2017 at 1:00 PM
I Appreciate you saying that.. and thank you! I'm going to look into it. Prayers definitely welcomed and appreciated!

Quoting Lynnk426: Man, I'm sorry to hear how rough you are having it! If you can move back to where you were, I would. It's his fathers responsibility to come close to his son so you can provide stability and support for your son and your child. Either way, I would find a good, bible based Christian church that could help you with emotional support and resources to get you independent and on your feet. God bless you. I will pray for you. Lynn
Gracefulgrayson
by New Member on Jan. 16, 2017 at 1:03 PM
We are living in Florida. And I've started to look into all of those now. This is all new to me and had so much fall apart all at once I've had no idea where to even begin. Thank you!

Quoting Saphira1207:

Where are you, if I may ask?

I don't know what kind of resources are available where you are but there's usually some kind of workforce office to help with finding jobs and Social Services would probably have some kind of options you can use for apartments and transport.  If not they would certainly be able to steer you towards someone who could.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)