• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom in need of sleep!

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:47 AM
  • 10 Replies
My son is about to be 14 months old. Since he was about 4 months old he refuses to sleep in the crib. He has to sleep between my husband and I or he will not sleep. If you try and put him in his crib he will scream bloody murder until we take him out, and will instantly fall asleep in bed with us. But if we put him back in the crib asleep, he will wake up within the hour screaming and screaming until the process starts all over again. This will last every hour until I give up and he stays in the bed. I feel at this point my husband and I will never get out alone time back and my son will never sleep in his crib. I have tried so many things and nothing seems to work. Please help!
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColleenF30
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:58 AM

Chance you can put his bed right beside your bed?

Erriiiccaa
by New Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:01 AM

It already is! He is like two feet away from me and he is just not having it. :(

NearSeattleMom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 3:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I remember those days!  I say, whatever it takes for everyone to get sleep, do it!  If he actually sleeps between you, let him. For now.

You and your husband will have alone time again . . . and your son will sleep in his own crib again . . . someday!

Hang in there!

Quoting Erriiiccaa: My son is about to be 14 months old. Since he was about 4 months old he refuses to sleep in the crib. He has to sleep between my husband and I or he will not sleep. If you try and put him in his crib he will scream bloody murder until we take him out, and will instantly fall asleep in bed with us. But if we put him back in the crib asleep, he will wake up within the hour screaming and screaming until the process starts all over again. This will last every hour until I give up and he stays in the bed. I feel at this point my husband and I will never get out alone time back and my son will never sleep in his crib. I have tried so many things and nothing seems to work. Please help!

modmommabear
by New Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 3:45 AM
Fuck on the couch and let the kid sleep in the bed. Seriously, you need sleep!
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

This is difficult. Have you tried things to keep him from waking up? Is his crib in the right place in the room, away from street sounds and street lights? 

Is he comfortable in his crib? Warm enough? 

What about noise? Can you try white noise with a fan or maybe a cd of lullabies that may be calming and not wake him up?

Otherwise I would definately talk to his Pedi for some help on this.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:28 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:16 AM

Aww so sorry .. what about naps . .does he nap in the crib?
Hugs to you :)

MrsMinx
by New Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:17 PM
Perhaps you can try some soft music and light in his room. I did that with my children and they loved it. Also try giving him something a bit heavier to eat before bedtime. Make sure that he's cool/warm enough and not wet.

You might also want to leave him until he tires himself out and fall back asleep. It might take a few tries. Another option might be to lie in a bed in the room where his crib is and stay there until he starts to fall asleep. Good look.
Kjsmomma32
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:19 PM
Get him really tired with activities play time play groups etc all day every day .

Quoting Erriiiccaa: My son is about to be 14 months old. Since he was about 4 months old he refuses to sleep in the crib. He has to sleep between my husband and I or he will not sleep. If you try and put him in his crib he will scream bloody murder until we take him out, and will instantly fall asleep in bed with us. But if we put him back in the crib asleep, he will wake up within the hour screaming and screaming until the process starts all over again. This will last every hour until I give up and he stays in the bed.

I feel at this point my husband and I will never get out alone time back and my son will never sleep in his crib. I have tried so many things and nothing seems to work. Please help!
mommy2smommy2
by Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:22 PM
What about putting his crib in his room and rubbing his back? I would maybe even suggest a low twin bed up against the wall with a railing on the other side and lay with him till he falls asleep then leave his room
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:52 PM
Put your foot down. His bed is already near yours. He's 14mo. he'll be fine.
Try letting sleep in his bed before you go to yours. If he gets in yours takk to him let him know everything is ok but he's going to get back in his bed. Its going to be hard but you're already not getting any sleep. So just be tough. He'll eventually be ok.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)