Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Flowers from your SO? A complete waste of money?

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:36 AM
  • 24 Replies

Do you appreciate your husband buying your flowers? Or would you prefer he didn't spend the money?  Personally I'm not a big fan of cut flowers as a gift. Too temporary.  Hate to sound ungrateful but I'd rather have something that lasted longer.

by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bookaddict88
by Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:41 AM
My husband doesn't give me flowers much. I wish he would do it more often. I love flowers. He is the only one who has ever given me flowers.
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:47 AM
In theory I agree with you but DH likes doing it so I say think you and enjoy them while they last but mainly I just appreciate that he wanted to do it.
caustinb
by Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:50 AM
DH buys living plants rather than cut flowers. I have an orchid he bought for valentine's day a few years ago that has been almost continuously in bloom. That's worth it to me.
momof4boygas
by Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:59 AM

I love getting flowers. I don't get them often but when I do I appreciate them.

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:02 AM
Love getting flowers. I esp love if he buys them from the side of the road or just because he thought of me .
AvonLadyMB
by New Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:20 AM
I've always appreciated the fact that he thought to buy me flowers and spent the money. I'd be grateful if I were you, especially if flowers aren't necessarily in your budget and he's making the effort to get them for you anyway.
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:33 AM

If you like flowers but not the ones bought from the store/florist ask him to plant your favorite ones in the yard.

LoriAnn87
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:14 AM

Love flowers, my husband usually gets me them for mother's day and my birthday.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:35 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I can take it or leave it, LOL

PrincessAsmommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:28 PM

I get flowers or flowering plants so rarely thanks to a cat that eats anything like it that I love when I do get them! Having plants and flowers in the house help to purify the air and lifts the spirits. So far from a waste of money, even if they are temporary.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)