• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Going to get tested today ( food allergies) ...wish us luck! *update with PIC in replies*

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:23 AM
  • 7 Replies
My son (who will be 4 yrs old tomorrow) is going in to be tested to see where he is with his egg allergy today. He gets tested once a year so it's really a big deal. Last year his numbers were way down with his blood test but he had a HUGE hive wity the skin test.

I have lived with my peanut allergy my whole life....I thought that was bad! Avoiding egg is way worse! I can't imagine what it's like to have multiple allergies!

Food allergies are horrible. I hate for my son to ever feel like I have. I don't expect people to cater to me or my son. I have taught him to be careful....as much as you can with a 3 yo. It's just scary. You have to eat to survive. But you can easily eat a poison that can end your life no matter how careful you try to be and at the same time you want them and you to live your life and not in a plastic bubble....if that makes any sense. Lol. Sorry! I just woke up.

Anyways today is the big day...again. Hopefully it goes well!

Update: well the hive from egg was down! But the allergist decided to test him for milk again because he did have a slight milk allergy and dust mites. He has been having dark circles ( shiners) The milk was the biggest hive! The doctor was surprised! So was I! He has never really had a skin reaction to milk like that! The doctor even turned to the nurse and asked..." you didn't mix them up did you?" UGH!

So now we wait to see what his numbers are with his blood test and then maybe we can do a baked egg challenge. It's all exciting, confusing and scary at the same time!

by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:54 AM
Bump
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Good luck to him

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this
((HUGS)) Good luck! 💓
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Best of luck :)

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2017 at 7:43 AM

Mobile Photo

taKENheart
by Flovely on Jan. 27, 2017 at 7:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Aww poor lil' dude.  I wish you all the best.

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Jan. 27, 2017 at 8:21 AM

The milk test must have been disconcerting. :(  I wish him well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)