Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are there any Lupus sufferers here?

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:19 AM
  • 7 Replies
2 moms liked this
I was diagnosed with Lupus almost 10 years ago and am looking for others with Lupus as well.
•What is your biggest obstacle?
•how has Lupus affected your life?
•How do you deal with the pain?
And whatever other information you have that will help! Thank you!
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:14 AM

Hi Welcome! 

I don't suffer from Lupus, but they keep checking to see if it flares up. I guess it hides itself pretty well.

I was diagnosed with an issue that presents itself like an autoimmune disease years ago, but they never found the cause. Hence the reason they keep testing me from time to time!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:17 AM

I do not but am sure others here do,
Hugs to you :)

MamaJ75
by New Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this
@LancesMom:
Lupus can actually be pretty tricky to diagnose so I would keep on your doctor about testing you. Being left undiagnosed can be potentially dangerous. Like for me, I ended up having complications while in the process of being checked for Lupus and before finding out that I had a blood clotting disorder I ended up having a pulmonary embolism! Do you have a positive ANA?
babyboxfish
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:07 PM

BUMP!

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:43 PM
Hello and welcome! ((Hugs))
Livylee83
by New Member on Feb. 1, 2017 at 12:36 AM
Have you ever had Lyme Disease? Supposedly it causes lots of bad things if left untreated. Including lupus!
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2017 at 10:14 AM

Funny the issue I had also was also a vascular issue. The Drs thought more Bergers disease than Lupus. But found neither. They ran a lot of tests and an ANA test was one of them. I don't show any other signs of Lupus, so they don't do anything more than a CBC now. Sometimes a urinalyisis. They also test my liver and kidneys to be sure they are still ok. 

Quoting MamaJ75: @LancesMom: Lupus can actually be pretty tricky to diagnose so I would keep on your doctor about testing you. Being left undiagnosed can be potentially dangerous. Like for me, I ended up having complications while in the process of being checked for Lupus and before finding out that I had a blood clotting disorder I ended up having a pulmonary embolism! Do you have a positive ANA?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)