• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you have an ex, do you stay close to his family?

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:03 AM
  • 8 Replies

A friend brought up this question. She still feels close to her daughter's ex.

by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Noneya73
by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:09 AM
No I don't, they are a huge part of why we divorced and why my son's sperm donor hasn't bothered to see him in 14yrs.
Bmat
by Emerald Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:14 AM

:(

How awful that they influenced the divorce. :(

Quoting Noneya73: No I don't, they are a huge part of why we divorced and why my son's sperm donor hasn't bothered to see him in 14yrs.

perrywinkle
by Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:22 AM

I don't have an ex, but if my DH and I divorced, I feel I would stay close with my MIL. Unless he cheated or abused me and she was defending him, which would not happen. I know they would still see or talk to the kids all time, so we would have to at least be civil. But my MIL and I are good friends- she is the one to tell my DH off. My parents would still communicate my DH- they love him and consider him part of the family. He watched my little sister grow up and is a brother to my other sister. So he would still be part of my family too.

PaddyWhack
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 12:11 PM

Unfortunately, when my ex left, mind you it was after being together for 20 years, his family cut off all communication as well. They stopped sending gifts to the kids for holidays, no longer call on birthdays, just like they never existed. It's been a hard transition for my kids.

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 12:44 PM

It is so nice that you and your MIL are close. And that your family likes your husband, also.

Quoting perrywinkle:

I don't have an ex, but if my DH and I divorced, I feel I would stay close with my MIL. Unless he cheated or abused me and she was defending him, which would not happen. I know they would still see or talk to the kids all time, so we would have to at least be civil. But my MIL and I are good friends- she is the one to tell my DH off. My parents would still communicate my DH- they love him and consider him part of the family. He watched my little sister grow up and is a brother to my other sister. So he would still be part of my family too.

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 12:45 PM

This is heartbreaking! I am shocked. :(   The kids must be very hurt.

Quoting PaddyWhack:

Unfortunately, when my ex left, mind you it was after being together for 20 years, his family cut off all communication as well. They stopped sending gifts to the kids for holidays, no longer call on birthdays, just like they never existed. It's been a hard transition for my kids.

Momof2Stepof3
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this

My ex's family loves me and the kids. When we can we all get together. 

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:05 PM

This has to be good for all of you. I am glad to hear it.

Quoting Momof2Stepof3:

My ex's family loves me and the kids. When we can we all get together. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)