• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did you announce your pregnancy? :)

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:11 AM
  • 13 Replies

How did you announce your pregnancy? (to husband, partner, workplace, parents, and so forth?)  :)

by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CheerioHolder
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this
My husband saw the tests the same time I did. We called our parents to tell them and everyone else found out whenever we saw them and mentioned it.
Bmat
by Emerald Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:03 PM

My husband and I worked in the same office, so I called him into the store room and told him. :)  For my parents we invited ourselves over for a meal and told them then, called his parents.

CP2017
by Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband was home with me each time I took a pregnancy test. We were trying, my period hadn't come, but we both thought it was just because I was off the pill for only a month, not that I was pregnant. It took a week to get a positive test. We told everyone else that I was pregnant at 12 weeks, and then at 19 weeks we did a gender reveal, and that is when we told them we were having TWO boys. Until then they all thought it was just one baby. 

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:56 PM

This is so cool! The gender reveal surprise must have been so much fun!  How did you do it, say the gender was a boy, and a boy? :)

Quoting CP2017:

My husband was home with me each time I took a pregnancy test. We were trying, my period hadn't come, but we both thought it was just because I was off the pill for only a month, not that I was pregnant. It took a week to get a positive test. We told everyone else that I was pregnant at 12 weeks, and then at 19 weeks we did a gender reveal, and that is when we told them we were having TWO boys. Until then they all thought it was just one baby. 

CP2017
by Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this

It was awesome!

We did cakes, and had two. We brought out the first one, and it said Baby A is, and everyone assumed it was a mistake, that it should have been Baby is a, until we brought out the second cake that said Baby B is. It was total silence when my husband brought out the second cake and we cut into it.

Quoting Bmat:

This is so cool! The gender reveal surprise must have been so much fun!  How did you do it, say the gender was a boy, and a boy? :)

Quoting CP2017:

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:10 PM

LOL I love it!!!! Very clever! They'll never forget this surprise. :)

Quoting CP2017:

It was awesome!

We did cakes, and had two. We brought out the first one, and it said Baby A is, and everyone assumed it was a mistake, that it should have been Baby is a, until we brought out the second cake that said Baby B is. It was total silence when my husband brought out the second cake and we cut into it.

Quoting Bmat:

Quoting CP2017:

CP2017
by Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope, they won't!! I can't believe they'll be here in 10 days. It seems like just yesterday that we actually did the reveal!

Quoting Bmat:

Quoting CP2017:

It was awesome!

Quoting Bmat:

Quoting CP2017:

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:12 PM

10 days! The time will go so fast. :)

Quoting CP2017:

Nope, they won't!! I can't believe they'll be here in 10 days. It seems like just yesterday that we actually did the reveal!

Quoting Bmat:

Quoting CP2017:

It was awesome!

Quoting Bmat:

Quoting CP2017:

CP2017
by Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:13 PM

Yes it does! I'm not actually due until March 25th, but the doctors all think it's best if they come earlier, so c-section on the 25th of this month!

Quoting Bmat:

Quoting CP2017:

Quoting Bmat:

Quoting CP2017:

It was awesome!

Quoting Bmat:

Quoting CP2017:

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:15 PM

Please keep us updated, and pictures if you wouldn't mind. :) :)

Quoting CP2017:

Yes it does! I'm not actually due until March 25th, but the doctors all think it's best if they come earlier, so c-section on the 25th of this month!

Quoting Bmat:

Quoting CP2017:

Quoting Bmat:

Quoting CP2017:

It was awesome!

Quoting Bmat:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)