Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about bibs for babies and toddlers

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:50 PM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this
Hi! This is my fist time posting. I am a mom of two toddlers. :) I have a question for you mamas! I want to create a product that will solve a problem but need some real mom answers on whether its a problem for you too! 1. Does your baby/toddler wear a bib while self-feeding? 2.Are you satisfied with the bib or does it still leave a mess in lap/highchair? 3.Would you be willing to buy another type of bib to fix the problem? Thanks so much for your input. ❤️
by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof337
by Stephanie on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:07 PM
1. Does your baby/toddler wear a bib while self-feeding? Mine did when they were young

2.Are you satisfied with the bib or does it still leave a mess in lap/highchair? Messy

3.Would you be willing to buy another type of bib to fix the problem? I would have if there was something better
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:11 PM
My son did when he was younger. It worked just fine for me.
Bmat
by Emerald Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:13 PM

Mine did when they were toddlers. I liked the heavy plastic bibs that had a lip on the bottom to catch dropped or spilled food.

Reina13
by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:24 PM

Mine used the larger lined bibs with the lip at the bottom to catch anything that fell. 

NearSeattleMom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 5:25 PM

When my kids were babies, my favorite bib during mealtimes was made of hard plastic - so when meals were over, you could just wash it off in the sink. It was shaped in such a way that the food that fell was caught in the bottom of the bib. 

Like this:

Bib Babybjorn, Blue, bibs

My more drooly kids wore soft cloth bibs all day long to keep their clothes somehwat dry. 

Quoting breannajoy7: Hi! This is my fist time posting. I am a mom of two toddlers. :) I have a question for you mamas! I want to create a product that will solve a problem but need some real mom answers on whether its a problem for you too! 1. Does your baby/toddler wear a bib while self-feeding? 2.Are you satisfied with the bib or does it still leave a mess in lap/highchair? 3.Would you be willing to buy another type of bib to fix the problem? Thanks so much for your input. ❤️

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 8:05 PM

This is what I used, too. Very handy and saved a lot of mess.

Quoting NearSeattleMom:

When my kids were babies, my favorite bib during mealtimes was made of hard plastic - so when meals were over, you could just wash it off in the sink. It was shaped in such a way that the food that fell was caught in the bottom of the bib. 

Like this:

Bib Babybjorn, Blue, bibs

My more drooly kids wore soft cloth bibs all day long to keep their clothes somehwat dry. 

Quoting breannajoy7: Hi! This is my fist time posting. I am a mom of two toddlers. :) I have a question for you mamas! I want to create a product that will solve a problem but need some real mom answers on whether its a problem for you too! 1. Does your baby/toddler wear a bib while self-feeding? 2.Are you satisfied with the bib or does it still leave a mess in lap/highchair? 3.Would you be willing to buy another type of bib to fix the problem? Thanks so much for your input. ❤️

babyboxfish
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 8:45 PM

same here.

Quoting Reina13:

Mine used the larger lined bibs with the lip at the bottom to catch anything that fell. 

momama88
by Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:47 PM

my issue is not the lap but most of the bibs I own dont quite come high enough around the neck and there is a small bit of babies shirt that shows and it never fails that food ends up there. 

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Feb. 16, 2017 at 12:06 AM
My kids when they were younger they had big toddler bibs.
Cenedra64
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2017 at 6:05 AM
I loved bibs. Saved a lot of changing. Snap overs with the curve worked best
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)